Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Welcome and get started

Discover your community and let us know what you think

Welcome to the Standard Bank community!

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

This is your one-stop-shop for any queries about banking, our services and our offers. It's a place where you can find answers, share your knowledge or simply browse the knowledge base.

As you get more involved, you'll win badges, gain ranking points and grow your community reputation.

To get started:

Personalise your settings: choose an avatar, set your preferences and more.

Take a tour: the more active you are on the community, the more badges and kudos you can earn, so it’s worth spending some time discovering what you can do and how it all works.

Join a conversation: the Talk section is where you can chat to other community members. Click on a topic that interests you; click on the Start a conversation button to post a new discussion.

Find information: the Learn section is where you explore the community knowledge base for in-depth information.

Read the blog: find out more about us and let us know what you think.

27 REPLIES 27
Tendai
Visitor
Bought electricity on app,and did not get my voucher. I don't know why. Please Explain.
Brian67
New Contributor
Hi need settlement letter/quote for rcp,credit card and personal loan who can I email
Zeyah65
I forgot my ucount username and password wat do i do thanks
Thomas1970
New Contributor

Stnadard bank you are the worst bank I ever dealt with especially sea point branch. I am so disgusted and disapointed with their services.  soon soon I will leave you guys, we become numbers not customers to the bank. 

I had enough with you really. 

Thomas1970
New Contributor

Stnadard bank you are the worst bank I ever dealt with especially sea point branch. I am so disg usted and disapointed with their services.  soon soon I will leave you guys, we become numbers not customers to the bank. 

I had enough with you really. 

Zanele7
Occasional Visitor
Hi guys I have a Problem am using standard Bank but I can't send moneyto Capitec why
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Zanele7,

You should be able to transact to any bank through the mobile app and online banking platform. Could you kindly forward your email address registered for app and internet banking, ID number and contact details to [email protected] with the subject line "unable to transfer funds" so that we may escalate to our development support team for further review and assistance.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

Jay5
Visitor
Forgot my username and password
johntaylor
Visitor

Does the bank take responsibility for any answers to my questions that turn out to be wrong?

badenhorstannal

I need to get a settlement on my loan how do I go about doing so

@StandardBank wrote:

This is your one-stop-shop for any queries about banking, our services and our offers. It's a place where you can find answers, share your knowledge or simply browse the knowledge base.

As you get more involved, you'll win badges, gain ranking points and grow your community reputation.

To get started:

Personalise your settings: choose an avatar, set your preferences and more.

Take a tour: the more active you are on the community, the more badges and kudos you can earn, so it’s worth spending some time discovering what you can do and how it all works.

Join a conversation: the Talk section is where you can chat to other community members. Click on a topic that interests you; click on the Start a conversation button to post a new discussion.

Find information: the Learn section is where you explore the community knowledge base for in-depth information.

Read the blog: find out more about us and let us know what you think.

khaled
New Contributor
khaled
New Contributor
I am Overseas and I have lost my Standard bank Debit Card,and discovery will deposit fund into my Account which I will not be able to withdrawal due to my Card.
Please assist Urgently
Regards

khaled
New Contributor
Bilal1
I send a instant money voucher to someone but he did not receive any sms how can I read the voucher number and send to him
Doubt1
New Contributor
Hi is it possible to get some help about my account
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @Doubt1 

Thank you for getting in touch with us. Please tell us your query in detail in order to efficiently assist. Note, you can not share your personal and account details on the wall. 

You can also contact us on both Facebook and Twitter for an immediate response on your account query.

Regards, 

Boitumelo

Angusbegg
Occasional Visitor
There is no QR code on my phone app! I can’t operate it!
Cofori12
Hello,pls could you pls put a stop to milife insurance from deducting insurance policy on my account
Helena2
Occasional Visitor
Good Day Boitumelo,

I hope you can help me.
I am currently living in Angola. In 2017 I requested the bank to help me to receive the One Time Pin through my email account or my Angolan number. The bank asked me to send a copy of my card and passport and write an email to Internet. [email protected], I did just that but with no success.

Last year I called the bank again and got the same instruction and I did just that and the response I got is that I should visit my local branch.

I thought it was a joke!

Now every time I use the app, the OTP is sent to my number which I left with a cousin in SA and she says she does not receive the OTP. Now officially I have no access to my account.

I have been writing emails crying for help and no-one responds.

My husband requested the same thing to his bank(FNB) he got helped in the same month, now he receives the OTP on his Angolan number.

So I thought, my bank is not good bank and I am going to change banks straight away when I manage to go to SA.

Regards,
Helena