Community

Share knowledge. Find answers. Ask questions.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

AEG,GND

Super Contributor

AEG,GND

MY bottom picking efforts have worked a bomb! AGL, IMP, KIO, LON.. I think AEG and GND are about to join the party...
108 REPLIES
Super Contributor

Re:AEG,GND

Should have looked at AEG with a bit more depth when you first posted, but after yesterdays reminder took a nice CFD bite at 291 this morning. I think far more to gain than to lose on this one. GND, unfortunately hold quite a few long term, so maybe sit this one out.
Super Contributor

Re:Re:AEG,GND

In the past (especially after market/sector washouts) - I have found it very rewarding to take positions in potential buyout or rejigging / dismantlement targets (although it does trigger an early exit and a capital gain.) GND looks like a bit of a sitter at this point. Of course - some short term recovery of the Baltic Dry Index would help this along (more than we have seen to date, that it.)
Super Contributor

I agree with you, Thresh. I like the look of that rounded bottom on AEG's chart. Could be a good recovery stock.
Super Contributor

So you're a bottoms guy, then.
Super Contributor

Only like rounded ones.
Super Contributor

It's a good thing there were no short positions to be found o BTI. So much for Roffey's analysis. Dangerous when the "perceived" indictors are at odds with the fundamentals. Sometimes things turn out for the better!
Super Contributor

Re:Re:Re:AEG,GND

BUT - Completely out of left field - BATS is reportedly considering taking out REYNOLDS for %50+Billion! That should make BATS a shorting target. Still too dangerous to try and predict the market's reaction - it seldom reacts as I think it ought to!
Super Contributor

Re:Re:Re:AEG,GND

BUT - Completely out of left field - BATS is reportedly considering taking out REYNOLDS for %50+Billion! That should make BATS a shorting target. Still too dangerous to try and predict the market's reaction - it seldom reacts as I think it ought to!
Highlighted
Super Contributor

AGL and LON have been crushing it. Up almost 234% on LON!