Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

AEG,GND

THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
MY bottom picking efforts have worked a bomb! AGL, IMP, KIO, LON.. I think AEG and GND are about to join the party...
108 REPLIES 108
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Should have looked at AEG with a bit more depth when you first posted, but after yesterdays reminder took a nice CFD bite at 291 this morning. I think far more to gain than to lose on this one. GND, unfortunately hold quite a few long term, so maybe sit this one out.
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
In the past (especially after market/sector washouts) - I have found it very rewarding to take positions in potential buyout or rejigging / dismantlement targets (although it does trigger an early exit and a capital gain.) GND looks like a bit of a sitter at this point. Of course - some short term recovery of the Baltic Dry Index would help this along (more than we have seen to date, that it.)
Russ
Super Contributor
I agree with you, Thresh. I like the look of that rounded bottom on AEG's chart. Could be a good recovery stock.
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
So you're a bottoms guy, then.
Russ
Super Contributor
Only like rounded ones.
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
It's a good thing there were no short positions to be found o BTI. So much for Roffey's analysis. Dangerous when the "perceived" indictors are at odds with the fundamentals. Sometimes things turn out for the better!
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
BUT - Completely out of left field - BATS is reportedly considering taking out REYNOLDS for %50+Billion! That should make BATS a shorting target. Still too dangerous to try and predict the market's reaction - it seldom reacts as I think it ought to!
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
BUT - Completely out of left field - BATS is reportedly considering taking out REYNOLDS for %50+Billion! That should make BATS a shorting target. Still too dangerous to try and predict the market's reaction - it seldom reacts as I think it ought to!
richardw
Super Contributor
AGL and LON have been crushing it. Up almost 234% on LON!
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Yeah - KIO (+220%) IMP (+140%) and Now look at GND (+30) and AEG (+97%) I think they are just beginning to turn. This is turning out to be a very profitable year.
Preston
Super Contributor
Well done Threshold.
Hali
Super Contributor
Looks like a reversal..Longs should start exiting..The bear market rally is almost over.. Commodities were running in sentiment and short squeezing/covering..The fundaments remain, a horribly oversupplied market, weakening demand and slower growth in China and the rest of the world.. Companies pumping like theres no tomorrow so the imbalance is still there..
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
A proper reversal will only come if America raises rates. Supply is below cost and way below reinvested replacement cost (ie. new mine cost) - meaning that commodities are technically in a form of "capital cost basis" contango. This can never persist. The questions are; - when will it reverse and which companies will hit the wall while waiting. Reversals are always fast furious in this sector when they do come.
G_V_V
Super Contributor
It's amazing how quickly bears can grow horns, and what's even more amazing is how quickly they forget what their reasoning was when they were bearish, schizophrenic mentality, they forget what garbage they said and are too afraid to say anything against the trend, especially those fund managers who act like sheep on TV programs not willing to stick their neck out. Kio suddenly back over $60 share price should be over R200. Those who thought gold was a barbaric relic are suddenly falling over their feet trying to buy it. LOL
G_V_V
Super Contributor
I meant iron ore price over $60
Rovert
Super Contributor
Speaking of gold , why the drop in ANG today ? Can't see any obvious reason , what am I missing
G_V_V
Super Contributor
It follows BIL which was ex div. today. Once the selling is over both will go higher especially BIL
Russ
Super Contributor
Maybe a lower rand gold price? You can normally tell from GLD more or less what the gold shares will do and it is down today.
Prestonmyhusban
Regular Contributor
GVV, My last Kio purchase was R27 , qty 727. I really like the comment on how bear grew horns.