Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

BREXIT

mullet_fish
Regular Contributor
All these naysayers saying the UK economy will collapse if they leave the EU are talking nonsense....ok - just joking , calm down lads! What a mess if the "out" win !
54 REPLIES 54
The_Trader
Frequent Contributor
If it should happen, it sounds like a nice bear run on the markets to me same as August last year with Greece and same as January this year with the Chinese.
koos2
Super Contributor
i see dat coke is kickin in bigtime. Ja man , About as easy to get info on this breakfast thing as getting info on ABL Business Rescue Plan & the settlement with creditors. Just hit that brick wall for today.
Rams
Super Contributor
i dont think many people even knew that it was such a big issue.
The_Trader
Frequent Contributor
Probable black swan event?
richardw
Super Contributor
I think so. There are second and third-order effects that we aren't even aware of yet. All we can do is assume that they aren't that stupid.
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
it going to be 54:46 to the in crowd ..
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
My take is 52 stay:48 out
The_Trader
Frequent Contributor
I'm going with my black swan event theory and lets make it a closer victory for the out votes 51:49
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
No matter - I'll take the GBP long term. A selloff is just an opportunity to buy UK assets.
Rams
Super Contributor
my estimate is the "remain " crowd wins by a good margin. Remember, you dont ask a question if you dont know the answer and call a referendum only if you think you will win.
Creature_of_the
Super Contributor
Its going to rain tomorrow in parts ...
hcoetzer
Not applicable
Any thoughts of Companies listed on LSE that might do well if they vote to remain?
jetman
Occasional Contributor
I think InvestecPLC
partridge
Super Contributor
This whole thing is an expensive joke(?) and complete waste of time. There never was and there never will be an "exit" for the UK. Too late for that: absolute sovereignty is s myth - the UK has during the last 100 or so years entered into some 30000(!!) plus treaties and agreements which have all involved a diminution of sovereignty in one way or another. "In" by 7- 8 percentage points - if not more.
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Be this as it may - the vote lies with the people, and they might just find that the time is right to move out. This is the problem with democracy: everybody has the right to p*ss against the tree and after the tree dies there is no shadow, no oxygen, no ecology if you want to elaborate.
Preston
Super Contributor
Be this as it may ---> Clive Roffey ????
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
idioms.thefreedictionery
mullet_fish
Regular Contributor
Common sense is sadly lacking! Think of in your own life when you stand down (voluntarily) from a committee/club/board. You think you might have influence later but your influence is zero...because..you are ....OUT!
klapka
Super Contributor
Either the bookies have got it terribly wrong or it's going to be overwhelmingly REMAIN. William Hill odds currently 1/7 Remain and 9/2 Leave. That's like Secretariat v a three legged donkey.