Community

Share knowledge. Find answers. Ask questions.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Full-time Traders?

Frequent Contributor

Re:Re:Re:Full-time Traders?

not sure which investments you look at...money markets? o.0

Ive got my bonds that earn 15% return after tax, which means that either I can buy a house for R1m and trade with R0.5m and then get an salary on the side of another R43k per month (or I could pay rent and earn R 50k per month) plus I can leave my trading account to grow as well.

R40k per month should cover any drawdown I have on a R 500k account.
0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Re:Full-time Traders?

If all you got and start full time trading with R100000 you'll be competing for a spot in the parking lot with the other car guards by the 2nd month.
0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Re:Re:Re:Re:Full-time Traders?

yes, lets settle on R500k then. The R100k minimum is based on buying at least 2 ALSi contracts and living off your wife or parents.
0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Re:Re:Full-time Traders?

well, just make sure your wife is rich, or she may be competing for the car guard!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Don't forget that this is a BBEEE position! You may not even be eligible for this.
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Interesting ..... I genuinely doubt that there are ANY traders (in this forum) who have made a living from trading. Yes - some INVESTMENTS might have done well but real trading? Eventually you will get wiped out. Some good wins - possibly in the short term? I would define a trader as someone who trades almost daily...not Simon's "easy / lazy" systems.
0 Kudos
Impala
Occasional Contributor

HI EVERYBODY,JUST GOT INTO TRADING AND STARTING TO MEET SOME NEW FRIENDS ON OT
0 Kudos
Impala
Occasional Contributor

HI EVERYBODY,JUST GOT INTO TRADING AND STARTING TO MEET SOME NEW FRIENDS ON OT
0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Traders who trade the ALSI, intraday or day trade : that's the holy grail. You don't hear of the ones who have made it in the general media. But they are it there , you have to be one to know one.
0 Kudos
Valued Contributor

mullet, trading is anything sold within three years of buying to my thinking (and SARS) ..
0 Kudos
Super Contributor

In fairness - SARS would like to make that 30 years. So that is the test that may just keep on giving. (LoL)
0 Kudos
Super Contributor

on this topic of full-time traders, has anyone ever attended Dr Alexander Elder's Trader's Camps?
0 Kudos