Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Full-time Traders?

Bchip
Frequent Contributor
not sure which investments you look at...money markets? o.0

Ive got my bonds that earn 15% return after tax, which means that either I can buy a house for R1m and trade with R0.5m and then get an salary on the side of another R43k per month (or I could pay rent and earn R 50k per month) plus I can leave my trading account to grow as well.

R40k per month should cover any drawdown I have on a R 500k account.
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
If all you got and start full time trading with R100000 you'll be competing for a spot in the parking lot with the other car guards by the 2nd month.
Rams
Super Contributor
yes, lets settle on R500k then. The R100k minimum is based on buying at least 2 ALSi contracts and living off your wife or parents.
Rams
Super Contributor
well, just make sure your wife is rich, or she may be competing for the car guard!
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Don't forget that this is a BBEEE position! You may not even be eligible for this.
mullet_fish
Regular Contributor
Interesting ..... I genuinely doubt that there are ANY traders (in this forum) who have made a living from trading. Yes - some INVESTMENTS might have done well but real trading? Eventually you will get wiped out. Some good wins - possibly in the short term? I would define a trader as someone who trades almost daily...not Simon's "easy / lazy" systems.
Impala
Occasional Contributor
HI EVERYBODY,JUST GOT INTO TRADING AND STARTING TO MEET SOME NEW FRIENDS ON OT
Impala
Occasional Contributor
HI EVERYBODY,JUST GOT INTO TRADING AND STARTING TO MEET SOME NEW FRIENDS ON OT
Rams
Super Contributor
Traders who trade the ALSI, intraday or day trade : that's the holy grail. You don't hear of the ones who have made it in the general media. But they are it there , you have to be one to know one.
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
mullet, trading is anything sold within three years of buying to my thinking (and SARS) ..
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
In fairness - SARS would like to make that 30 years. So that is the test that may just keep on giving. (LoL)
suki
Super Contributor
on this topic of full-time traders, has anyone ever attended Dr Alexander Elder's Trader's Camps?