Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Global Macroeconomic Outlook for 2016

Werner_1
Super Contributor
Good morning all. This is a nice video from Goldman Sachs regarding the macroeconomic outlook of the world for 2016 - Check it out and I am sure you will enjoy to listen to the overview : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjQvUYEnk_E
9 REPLIES 9
koos2
Super Contributor
Ah dont know 'bout that but ah do hope the alsi does an Uncle Limpy today.
Werner_1
Super Contributor
He did mention political uncertainty in some emerging markets and I thought think SA is one of those unfortunately...
koos2
Super Contributor
Bchip
Frequent Contributor
You really want to listen to Goldman Sachs, the same company that told all their clients to buy sub-prime mortgages in 2006 and 2007 and went short against their own clients...?
klapka
Super Contributor
and not long ago saw gold above $2500?
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Ok, so you guys don't like GS... Its just interesting to listen to them all, in the end they probably know more than us... but to be honest nobody should listen to anyone, human beings are by default ridiculously bad at any sort of forecasting...
klapka
Super Contributor
I totally agree with your last statement. Nothing wrong with following the news. I like to be well informed and follow the action and ignore all forecasting.
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Great! I think its good to know whats going on but not to have chatter alter ones decisions though.
Hali
Super Contributor
Looks like commodities starting where they left off last year.. I predict massive oversupply..commodity prices hitting record lows.. mining companies closing down this year..I think the rand weakness is a blessing to commodity stock prices at the moment..Its artificially inflated the earnings..In dollar terms these companies look bad..AGL will double by year end once the prices start recovering after supply comes offline..