Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Poll: JPMorgan Chase or Goldman Sachs

Werner_1
Super Contributor
Guys I want to hear your opinions of which one you prefer, culture, ethics, customer service, prestige and reputation... Just tell us what you think of these two and let's see the consensus of the forum...
12 REPLIES 12
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
For me - it has to be Lehman Brothers.
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Well done threshold, you certainly picked winner!
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
No but listen - seriously - they do have one thing going for them that these others don't... they are out of business!
kwagga
Super Contributor
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I don't believe "its going for them" if they're out of business? reputation wise is what i meant, Lehman, Bear and WaMu don't really have a reputation and whatever exists is tarnished by failure, excess and deals that ended their business lives... GS and JPM came out stronger, I believe they have stronger controls and probably JPM is the one that is the most solid platform going forward... Wells Fargo in that light is very good too... BofA also solid... GS has a reputation of some unethical deals (they all do) but GS the most in my view... any thoughts?
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
That IS the joke, Werner. I am stating that IS what they have going for them... and thereby implying that this is a property the other two mentioned by you would benefit from!
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Bchip
Frequent Contributor
Id rather deal with prostitutes and drug dealers...
at least they are more honest.
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
To be honest, never tried either, but take your word for it.:)
Werner_1
Super Contributor
oh dear... but so many of the companies that we trade online here have ended up only because of these guys... I think theres very negative perceptions on these companies that are not always 100% true. Its certain people in the organisations that create bad names, but in general that is not the intention... just my view...
Bchip
Frequent Contributor
if you still defend them then you havent heard enough stories of what it is they actually do.
Guess you could also argue then that government is also trying their best.