Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Mr_Money
Regular Contributor
This share has been really moving upwards in the last week. Will it break 7 rand?
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
Not applicable
Well I am still long - but unlike my normal strategy, I am using the ol' buy the rumour, sell the fact approach. As soon as details emrge on their cautionary, I will sell.
0 Kudos
Harley
Contributor
Who knows? It might just hit the R20's like it did before......
0 Kudos
jaj
Frequent Contributor
You're right Harley. I bought at R11.70 a long time ago but the chickens will eventually come home to roost.
0 Kudos
NOMAD1
Frequent Contributor
Hi Can we see the R8 mark soon?
0 Kudos
Mr_Money
Regular Contributor
Rumour has it that there are 3 interested parties that want to buy Metorex (Vale , Chineese bidder , 3rd party unknown as yet)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Offer expected to be at around R7,50
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
WELL there you go VALE at R7.35! Such a well-kept secret.
0 Kudos
Mr_Money
Regular Contributor
Does anyone know what the value of the Sable Zinc operations is?
0 Kudos
indium
Contributor
I am actually dissapointed with the offer of R7.35 from Vale and do not believe that this is great for shareholders. I think it is great for traders who have had a nice run in the last three weeks. The business is starting to produce good volumes and now Vale will extract good value for themselves. If the offer was more I would be more enthusiastic. Also I noticed that there was a R75m penality fee if the directors change their minds or do not continue to recommend the offer. That is also not good for current shareholders.
0 Kudos
Mr_Money
Regular Contributor
I agree , the offer is not at all fantastic. Anyone knows the value of the Sable Zinc operations?
0 Kudos
Yatagan
Frequent Contributor
I'm a real newbie in investing and MTX was one of my earliest attempts (two others dropped about 10 % soon after I bought), so I was quite impressed with my 15% return to date and catching up to my previous loss. However, what do I do now? I just don't have the experience to know what to do do now..
0 Kudos
jaj
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
jaj
Frequent Contributor
And only you can make the decision.
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
My general philosophy is ride the winners and dump the losers.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
7.35? This offer is ridiculous, i'm really dissappointed the board's accepting this offer. Vale is laughing all the way to the bank.
0 Kudos
JJD
New Contributor
NOT A EXPERT, WILL VALE LIST ON THE JSE OR IS OPPERTUNITY LOST TO INVEST IN COPPER FOR SA CITIZENS?
0 Kudos