Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Som2
Contributor
Hi Guys, Why are Phuthuma Nathi shares falling? What are the factors that cause these shares to rise and fall? Regards.
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
habibi
Occasional Contributor
The reason why this solid share is falling is because many of the 120 000 shareholders do not know the true value of these shares (i.e. R80 plus rand) and are simply cashing in. That is why somedays you find a seller of e.g. 50 shares selling for R33 when there is a buyer in the market for R42 Hope this helps...my take dont sell your shares they will turn out to be a great investment in future
0 Kudos
habibi
Occasional Contributor
The reason why this solid share is falling is because many of the 120 000 shareholders do not know the true value of these shares (i.e. R80 plus rand) and are simply cashing in. That is why somedays you find a seller of e.g. 50 shares selling for R33 when there is a buyer in the market for R42 Hope this helps...my take dont sell your shares they will turn out to be a great investment in future
0 Kudos
habibi
Occasional Contributor
Information is the answer
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Nope, our friends Goldman Sach downgraded Nasper to Neutral.
0 Kudos
Mr_Money
Regular Contributor
Spot on Habibi , I am snapping up those shares at bargains. Just imagine when the debt is paid off , how much dividends one will recieve esp if you only paid around 40 bucks for the share. JP morgan put a fair value price of approximately 130 for the share.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Seems to me that you are trading your belief about this share and ignoring the downgrade.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
preston you seem to have become a fan on downgrades (and I assume upgrades as well) .. really ??
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Simon, on closing bell, there was a ticker that read "MTN and Nasper downgraded by Goldman Sach".
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
MTN ---> YES, NPN --> No. Although i must admit the heading says MTN but the content relates to NPN.
0 Kudos
Som2
Contributor
Thank you for the response.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
and that should tell you all you need to know about ratings
0 Kudos