Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Nero
Occasional Contributor
Will someone please inform me what the next sentince exactly means? "Says rights offer of 25.5 new shares for every 100 shares held to raise R700m" this was published on Friday but I'm not sure what it mean (I'm quite new in the trading field)
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Wino
Super Contributor
For every 100 shares you hold, you qualify and have the right to take up 25.5 shares at the right offer price for e.g if you hold 1000 shares you have the right to buy 255 shares at the rights offer price. There are no brokerage fees involved.
0 Kudos
Nero
Occasional Contributor
Thank you very much for the info.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
or you can sell the right to those 255 new shares
0 Kudos
Nero
Occasional Contributor
How do I go about to buy these shares?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
thwere will be an LDT to receive the new rights, they called NPL's .. you then either selct exercise or sell them as per normal, they will have code PANN ..
video on NPLs at http://www.justonelap.com/webinarDetail.asp?intWebinarID=23
0 Kudos
Nero
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
umm.. did i miss something when was the rights offer announced and when do these shares become available? I have nothing showing on my portfolio regarding the rights offer.
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
See SENS dated 7th November amongst others.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks; been offline for awhile.. just went through it now. Wonder what price the offer will come in at.
0 Kudos
royzen2
Contributor
Any idea what the ordinary share price could be after these rights have been exercised? I failed to read SENS before buying into this share. I always avoid companies with rights issued.
0 Kudos