Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

partridge1
Regular Contributor

Soooo  - who is selling - and who is selling and what underpins that sale ( why sell as a promotor ?)  - other than the amazingly

helpful fact that  BJ is not going to wear a tie

- more importantly what options will be entered into...? I have read the abridged stuff - but I am still not sure whether:

a)  this lot will pay dividends consistently

b) will it be another pvt equity ++ surrogate

So either one buys and in so doing
"closes ones eyes"

Or one waits until there is somethign on the table to consder - and if its only one purchase - does that mean anything at all - answer not necessarily -so wait.  

3 REPLIES 3
SimonPB
Valued Contributor

yip, I watching for now. It at massive prenim to NAV and many CEO second attempts fail

partridge1
Regular Contributor

The fact is that there is nothing on which to take a decision - except "hope" - and while the object of my "hope" is a good dealmaker ( mostly.... a pharma business excepted)

a beauty business is pretty well "it" as we stand.I am hoping that early evidence of a design /purpose in the purchase-S will emerge. If its "all over the show " this could be very volatile counter(?)- as people

swing from despair into euphoria and back again  with each new move that is made, BJ .... here is the last point - who besides the tieless BJ is sitting at the

table?  

partridge1
Regular Contributor

I wonder how many of you saw Warren Buffett's "story" on the telly the other night - there was one point made( amongst many ) which struck me - and that was that Charlie Munger  influenced his thinking towards buying good companies with underpriced shares as opposed to shares of businesses which are cheap but where the quality of the company is not in focus( ergo investment versus trading ?) . And of course with that goes the vital ingredient of time. And we mean lots of the lastmentioned.

For the novice like me that was useful..