Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

mullet_fish
Regular Contributor
The Scots now want out of the Uk so they can stay in the EU - ASAP - more turmoil !! W???? Boris and his boy scouts will make a hash of this....
Rams
Super Contributor
Time to send our very own Gwede to spin something.
The_Trader
Frequent Contributor
David Cameron falling on his sword. This is classic soap opera.
Rams
Super Contributor
Preston
Super Contributor
@Rams, Are you enquiring or confirming?
Rams
Super Contributor
Rams
Super Contributor
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
That says it all!
Siener
Contributor
Looking at some of the predictions above in this thread - before the vote results (like predicting massive wins for IN??) - I have to laugh. Markets have rallied back though after the initial panic of the first two days. Probably a bit of scaremongering by vested interests before the vote, now people realizing the sky isn't falling.
Russ
Super Contributor
And the "S" word being thrown around (stimulus!)
Not applicable
predictions - here we go. Technically this is where things get interesting, as we have divergences all over the place. Only the FTSE has actually recovered almost fully. They are back to pre-vote levels, but that is almost to be expected, because the bulk of UK companies earn money offshore - and they have just received a 10% shot in the arm thanks to a GBP devaluation. Also, the FTSE is resource heavy, so a lot of speculation in there. Now, in terms of divergence, Chinese markets are staging some sort of comeback, and hardly registered a blip after the announcement. The question is, now, with all the uncertainty, do we have the cajones to push through and make new highs? With calls for the BoE's Mark Carney's head, and the complete political uncertainty in Britain right now, nothing is on the table, in my opinion. Everything is super risky, and the global market's capacity for absorbing risk is a bit stretched right now. The play is still to the downside, IMO. I am out 100% on all my CFD positions
klapka
Super Contributor
A dead cat bounce is the most likely. Plenty more panic and volatility ahead IMO. Great for trading though.
kwagga
Super Contributor
Agree 100% Loads of risk here.
Not applicable
Yep - the worlds 5th largest economy has just fuxhauled the worlds 3rd largest economy (Japan), by creating a capital inflow to safe haven assets - strengthening their currency which is exactly what Japan didn't want. So now it is back to the drugs - eish. The problem though, is that for the EU, the drugs didn't work - and for Japan, the drugs haven't worked for years, so will the markets believe they will work now? I would expect fresh rounds of QE money to exit England and Japan - flow to the US where you are still getting positive return on your yields (vs negative yields in Japan - and borderline negative yields in England). So back to dollar strengthening, or at least that is how I am calling it.
koos2
Super Contributor
german&irish is gonna celebrate mexican freedom day on the 4th , so up