Community

Share knowledge. Find answers. Ask questions.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

VIP

Re: Screen overlay detected

Thanks Tsh77271 and ife01. I have been able to successfully reproduce this issue on my side. We can now work on a permanent solution for this issue.

@ Tsh77271 thanks for providing the info on how to reproduce the issue. Without this we'd still be struggling to figure out why this issue is affecting certain users and not others.
0 Kudos
Jamz
New Contributor

Hi, I just  purchased a second hand phone, Samsung S4 mini. Its running Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. I don't have the menus listed as on the previous posts to disable the overlay. 

I removed all the unwanted software that is on the handset. Not sure what else to look for. Please help.

0 Kudos
VIP

Hi Jamz. Is your virtual keyboard open when you tap on the login button and is it in any way obscurring/covering that login button?

0 Kudos
Jamz
New Contributor

Hey Ryan,

Thank you for responding.

I upgraded to Kitkat and that seemed to haved worked. No more overlay error.

Thanks again.....Cheers

VIP

Glad you got it working. Thanks for posting your solution here!
0 Kudos
juned393
New Contributor

To be true Screen Overlay is basic feature used by almost every application.
Messenger Chat Head, Inbox Messages Preview and Whatsapp Messages Popups are all examples of screen overlay feature, so you can't uninstall all application to resolve Screen Overlay Detected popups on your device...
You just need to manually turn off screen overlay of all applications in your device, Follow following settings to turn off screen overlay of android application:
> Settings
>Application Manager
>Click on Three Dots (Top right corner) & Select Draw Over Other Apps
>Turn off screen overlay of all apps one by one
This must solve the issue of screen overlay in your device...
If this isn't solving screen overlay issue in your device or you haven't got my answer then refer to below reference: How to turn off screen overlay.
screen overlay detected

Or you can also refer to site from the official source:

how to turn off screen overlay

deviddevid

Finally I got working solution but I think we also need to Select Show System Apps after step 3 as shown on https://screenoverlaydetected.com
juned393
New Contributor

Thanks for pointing buddy...
After step 3, again tap on More and select show system apps and then finally turn off screen overlay of all apps.....
0 Kudos