Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

11 REPLIES 11
Blackhawk8
Visitor
Hi i have pure save account right then I opened an access account got it linked on one card and I was told I'll now be able to make online payments but that was not to be my card gets declined each an everytime I try to checkout. Why is this?? Is it blocked by the fraud department?? Asseblief hulp
ilanampiti
Community Coordinator

Hello Mmabatho_L93,

You can create a virtual card, it is a completely digital bank card you can use to shop online and load on the Standard Bank mobile app. It allows you to make payments and purchase online without having to use your credit or debit card details. Please download the Standard Bank App and create your virtual card.

Mmabatho_L93
I'm using a debit card (the blue 1) but i can't do online shopping, how can fix this?
Teboho47
Can I get a link for online shopping activation
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @T2,

The best way to resolve this is to upgrade your account to cheque account. Note, you wont be able to use your savings account to make online purchases as you will need to verify your account online using CVV(Card Verification Value) numbers. The CVV number are three numbers allocated at the back of your cheque or credit card.

Let me know should you still further clarity on this.

Regards, 

Boitumelo

T2

hi.

i am trying to purchase items online but they say my card isnt working,please tell me how i can activivate it and where do i go to do so(the website i can use for online activation)

thank you:)

Boitumelo
Solution
Community Coordinator

Hello @thandeka119

Please note that merchants participating in Secure Internet Shopping service will accept payment with a Standard Bank card only if you have activated your card for the service. Note that you will not be able to use your card to shop on-line at participating merchants unless you have activated your card for the service. All debit card are not legible for on-line shopping only credit and cheque account.

About the activation process
When activating your card you will need to provide the following:

• Card number
  • Card verification value, which is the last three numbers on the signature panel on the back of your card
  • Expiry date
  • Name embossed on the card
  • Please enter your name exactly as it appears on your card (title, initials and surname) eg. Mr JM Smith.
  • Personal identification in the form of the number that appears in either the identity document or passport which Standard Bank has on record from when you opened your card account.
  • Enter a personal message that will appear when you are at the checkout point of a participating merchant and before you enter your PIN. See "Your personal message" for more about this.
  • Choose and confirm a PIN. See "Your PIN" for more on this.

Your personal message
The phrase you enter may not exceed 30 characters and should be unique to you so that you can recognise it as yours. This gives you the assurance that your transaction is secure.

Regards,

Boitumelo

thandeka119
Occasional Visitor
Hi. How do i activate my card to shop online ????
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @MOBI,

The student achiever account doesn't allow you to make on-line purchases. You will have to upgrade to a normal servings or current account to be able to make on-line purchases. You can follow the link for more information on your student achiever account: http://www.standardbank.co.za/standardbank/Personal/Banking/Current-accounts/Student-Achiever?intcmp...

I trust this will be helpful.

Regards,

Boitumelo

MOBI
Occasional Visitor

I also use student achiever account but I can't shop online.why is this a problem?

ilanampiti
Community Coordinator

Hi,

U fortunately, you cannot shop online with your Student Achiever card.

Caelyn017
Hi
I recently upgraded my card to the student achiever debit card but I can't use it to send, receive or purchase items online. When I got my card I asked if I would be able to shop online with the card and the assistant said yes. How do I register my card for online shopping ?
Go to the solution >