Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Who Me Too'd this topic

NushHJ
New Contributor

I have had a query open with Standard Bank for over a year regarding the cash finance charges I am being charged each and every month on my credit card, whether I use the card or not. I have had lots of differing answers from my branch, Card Division, Complaints Resolution Dept etc. Now I have been informed that it is the result of a erroneous transaction (selected the incorrect account on the app when paying) made in March 2015 and I am STILL being charged 3% of the outstanding balance each month. How can this be?! And the consultant has told me that I am unable to pay off the cash plan portion of the amount outstanding unless the entire amount is settled.

I have a number of issues with this, the main one being how can they not allow me to pay off the cash portion if I request it to be done and will pay in extra to make sure it is settled? If you make a budget purchase, you are able to settle it early if you want to. I do not use my credit card to make cash payments, or cash withdrawls and any look at the history of the account can tell you that. I made one unfortunate error for an amount that was less than R500 and I am still being penalised for it by being charged 3% interest each month over  2 years later! How is that fair and sureley this is against the Consumer Protection Act (CPA)? I understand the charges, but I don't understand the restriction that Std Bank has enforced that prevents me from paying off the outstanding balance on this erroneous transaction.

Please can someone assist, or I will be taking this futher to the Ombudsman as I think it is daylight robbery and I am really unhappy with the way that I have been treated as a loyal customer. 

Thanks

Who Me Too'd this topic