Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Who Me Too'd this topic

wino1
Occasional Contributor

I am sure everyone has been following the story of KPMG and their involvement with corrupt activities. The evidence is irrefutable, yet only 2 listed companies-Sygnia and Sasfin have so far had the guts to take corrective action. It is therefore incumbent on us, as shareholders, to start putting pressure on the companies that use KPMG services and that we are involved with, by firstly voting at the AGM against their re-appointment (ususally resolution no.2) and secondly, to vote against the re-appointment of those involved in the audit committee. It is perhaps, also encumbent on those of us that have some investments (RA's, pension) etc to put pressure on the money managers to vote likewise. I am dissappointed with corporate SA for not taking tougher action. All we have to do is look North to the UK to see the impact that corporate action had on Bell Pottinger. What are your thoughts?

Who Me Too'd this topic