Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Who Me Too'd this topic

RenRenRen
New Contributor

Standard Bank's new security questions literally block me out of accessing customer service for my own account. They have fixated on a question that asks when a property me and my sisters inherited, which was registered as a company when my father bought it already 18 years ago, that asks when this company was registered. Apparrently the customer service staff are not allowed to excercise any form of judgement or critical thinking for themselves so when I explain to them that I have no idea WHO started the "company" or when, they say that I failed my security test! Do any of you know what date the house your father is living in was built? Registered? Whatever? Does Standard Bank seriously think you have the right to shut out me of the services you are paid for, by refusing to change a security question that is unreasonable, and that sorry, I will never be able to answer. I refuse to have to go on a wild goose chase into dark history to find out when some dude I never knew registered a company that me and my sisters inherited. Please will you provide me with a solution. I mean a real one, not just "sorry then you fail the test, I am not allowed to think for myself". The security test should protect my account from strangers, not from me.

Who Me Too'd this topic