Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Is the smartphone app secure?

Absolutely, this app uses the latest in security technology to protect you and your personal finances:

• There is validation on the email address you use to create your digital ID via the Verification code process.
  • There are authentication processes when adding products using credentials from other channels (ATM PIN, Online Share Trading(OST)and Insurance)
  • There is a two-step one-time-password (OTP) authentication for Secure Banking transactions.
  • Insurance validates that the registered account holder matches the policy holder by using the banking profile details.
  • All data sent to and from the device is encrypted using SSL (https) technology.
  • Customer data is not stored on the device once a usage session ends.
  • The device is locked to one user at a time.
  • There is back-end validation of value transactions.

Electronic account payment and cash limits  prevent large money transfers.

Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎17-03-2015 10:51 PM
Updated by:

Comments
Zaahid
Occasional Visitor

LINK IDENTITY WITH DIGITAL APP

Today when I login to the Standard Bank App it asked me to link my identity number to my digital profile.

It then scanned my identity document and took a picture of me which it claimed to clear with the Department of Home Affairs.

Is this legit? Has Standard Bank initiated this because no notification or prior warning of such a process was sent?