Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community blog

Read our latest news and views and get to know us better

10 Year Old Teniola Tells Us Why He Loves To Save
Stanbic IBTC team
Not applicable

We recently ran a nationwide competition for our CHESS account holders and invited them to write a 500 word essay on the topic "Why I Love To Save". This entry and two others won the competition and took away N50, 000 each in prize money. Read more about the CHESS account here: http://bit.ly/1sklc08

*********************************************************************************************************
WHY I LOVE TO SAVE
Saving is the act of keeping money aside for future use. I love to save because there is a saying that, someone who does not save will be in a mess because he won’t have money to use when he needs it. I love to save because I don’t want to go about begging money from people.

I love to save because it allows me to earn an income. It is fun buying gifts at Christmas time; if I don’t have money that I have saved, I won’t be able to buy things for my brother and sister. I have been saving part of the money my uncles and aunties give me for some time so when I heard about this CHESS account and the essay topic on brainpower show, I quickly beg my mummy to please open an account with the money in my piggy bank. I don’t want her to save the money to buy indomie and cheese balls anymore.

I love to save because it will give me peace of mind, I don’t have to worry about not having money to buy the things I like. I love to save because it makes me happy and I will be able to help my parents when they don’t have enough and I won’t go to them for everything I need. Sometimes my parents will not be at home and we would need to buy something because I have money, I can use it and collect it back when they come from office.

I love to save so that when the money is much I can give my brother and sister out of it and they won’t have to disturb mummy and daddy. It is good to save and I love it and would advise other children to save so they can be better people in the future.

NAME: JOHN OLUWATENIOLA.