Community

Share knowledge. Find answers. Ask questions.

Community blog

Read our latest news and views and get to know us better

Do you have shares under the General Staff Share Scheme?
Super Contributor

Were you employed by the Standard Bank Group on 1 October 2004? If so, you may have received Standard Bank shares (that is if you didn't qualify for shares under the Tutuwa Black Managers Trust or the Share Incentive Scheme).

If you did receive shares, we just wanted to remind you that one of the conditions of the Standard Bank General Staff Share Trust initiative was that you would have to take ownership of the shares by 22 November 2009.

So if you're a shareholder, that means you have to make some decisions about your shares by 23 October.

If you missed the deadline, you need to email [email protected]
37 Comments
Not applicable
I know that this condition existed!

But the Group obviously weren't using my Banking Customer address as that would have reached me!

What are my options to getting the shares back or of collecting my 'investment'?
Super Contributor
Hi Paul,

Anyone who missed the deadline must still notify the scheme of what their choice is. However, the shares will be transferred to them or sold on their behalf in March 2010 due to the trading embargo prescribed by the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE). If you missed the 6 November 2009 deadline, you need to download and send us this form: http://tutuwa.standardbank.com/Form.pdf
Not applicable
The form that you ask to complete mentions that my shares expire on 22 November 2009!!!

So are these still mine to claim or what has happened to them?

Worried about possible theft of these shares or just poor marketing/correspondence on Standard Bank's behalf!
Super Contributor
It is important to note that the shares did not "expire". They are still
held by the Trust. Those who got shares through the scheme needed to
take them over from the trust on that date. Anyone who missed last
year's deadline still need to notify the trust what they want to do with
the shares.

Shares will only be transferred to a person who did get shares or sold
on their behalf (bearing in mind the next opportunity to this will be in
March 2010). Governance and checks are in place to ensure that they
cannot be claimed by anyone else.

The form is being updated to remove the outdated deadline information
but you may still use the form that is currently on the site.
Not applicable
Hi, I was not contacted after moving to another company, and missed the November deadline by about 3 days. I sent the form in and enquired again in February, when I was told to send a formm in again which I duly did. I was told payment would be in March. When I called to check again at the beginning of March, I was told payments would onlt commence from april sometime. Could someone please clarify.
thanks
bev
Super Contributor
Yes, the next transfer or sale of shares is being done soon. Please
email [email protected] for information about your
shares.
Not applicable
Hi I received the notification letter and consent form after the deadline for the sale of the Standard Bank staff shares and faxed back the consent form to agree to sell in March 2010, but to date I have not heard anything. How do I proceed?
Super Contributor
Please forward your query to [email protected]

Thanks,

The Standard Bank Team
Not applicable
I am no longer a permanent staff member of Standard Bank. Why was I not notified about selling of shares last year October when you have my address details, now I faxed you my form to sell in February with hope that it will be paid on 20 March as I was told when I phoned, not paid and no one contacts me, I need someone to confirm if my form was received and when are the funds going to be paid, please e-mail me on above email address. thank you. Nos
Super Contributor
Please will you forward your query to [email protected]

Thanks,

Standard Bank Team
Not applicable
I would like to know when are you going to tranfer our money? We want to buy world cup tickets. Please can somebody notify me about my shares because I called Standard Bank they said we must wait for April and now it is coming up for the end of April.
Not applicable
Please sell my ZSSHARES on my behalf and transfer my money into my account.
Super Contributor
Hi guys,

Please will you forward your query to [email protected] for further assistance.

Not applicable
What is the value of the 89 shares now and when are we getting our payout. The call centre is really busy and we have to hold for a long time. How come the bank doesn't have sufficient detail on who or not is to benefit from the shares. We are employees and ex employees, surely there should be records in place?
Super Contributor
Hi there,

For share info, please email [email protected] with your query and they will help you.

Thanks,

Not applicable
Please advise when the next transfer or sale of shares will be?
I would like to sell my 89 shares.
Super Contributor
Please contact [email protected] for more info on selling your shares.

Thanks,
Not applicable
I sent an email a week ago and still no reply.
Not applicable
Was advised by your Call Centre that for us outside South Africa we would be paid at the end of May 2010. I have checked with my local HR Department and have been informed that the schedule which they recieved does not have the names of all people who decided to sell thier shares and are not aware when they would be paid. Your Call Centre can not provide any answers to why some people were left out on the schedule and when can we expect payment. Please assist
Not applicable
Hi all. There is an email doing the rounds that a firm has been appointed to trace ex Std Bank employees regarding surplus funds due to them. Any truth in this?
The firm is:
http://www.ictstracing.co.za/index.html
Super Contributor
Hi there,

This is true, :) ICTS Tracing is working with Standard Bank to look for these ex employees.
Not applicable
Thanks to all the people who were commented for this wonderful blog....
Not applicable
When can we expect a payout, if any ?
Not sure where we stand with this. Have contact Alexander Forbes on numerous occasions, still waiting on a response !!!!
Thanks
Not applicable
Hi there,

This is true, :) ICTS Tracing is working with Standard Bank to look for these ex employees.

Yah it is a fact. there is an article abt it on the net.
Not applicable
I never replied to any of those forms you sent about selling or keeping the shares,but I would like to keep my shares till I decide to sell.
Not applicable
I'm an ex-employee, would like to sell my shares. Please advise.
Super Contributor
Hi there,

Please contact Tutuwa.Que[email protected] for more info on selling your shares.
Not applicable
I have worked for Standard Bank during the year 1989 to the year 1984 .I have contacted Standard bank regarding my pension? Standard Bank now claims they do not have any employment records of myself, please advise what are other steps do I take from here. How is this possible.
Not applicable
How can one contact the pension fund adjudicators for Standard Bank pension Fund
Not applicable
I resigned from the Bank in 2010. My personnel number was 103882. I would like to know about the shares that were allocated to me. I do receive dividends, but i would like to know when the lock-in period expires and what can one do after that.

Yours sincerely

France Dlamini
Not applicable
I would like to sell all my outstanding shares. I have emailed [email protected] in early May. I did not get a response. I followed up again recently in early June. So far, nothing, not even an acknowledgment. How do I know if someone if even looking into it? And how long does it take to come back to me with something? Anything?
Mike Lesejane
Not applicable

I urgently need to sell my shares. Please advise the procedure and provide contact details.

Fasal Sallie
Not applicable

Is there anyway that one can escalate a query that has not received any form of acknowledment.

Rochelle Smith
Not applicable

Good day

I need information on when we can expect dividend payouts on our shares.

When can we sell it off if we choose to

Thank you

Rochelle Smith

Yugesh
Not applicable

Hi

What is email address to query Liberty shares for staff that have left the employ.

Sydney Mntambo
Not applicable

i have noticed that i have not provided Standard Bank with my updated contact details. please advise who can i send my current contact details to.

How do I sell my cauurent Tutuwa Shares as I am an an ex-Standardbank staffmember