Community

Share knowledge. Find answers. Ask questions.

Community blog

Read our latest news and views and get to know us better

Do you want to speak to Abedi Pele?
Super Contributor

Standard Bank has sponsored the Afcon Trophy Tour of Africa, which sees Abedi Pele touring the continent with the Afcon trophy. We’re taking football to the people, and now we bring Abedi to you.

We’re lucky to have arranged a one on one interview with this legendary soccer hero and we want to share this opportunity with you. What do you want to know about Abedi? Do you want to know more about his path to success? What about the challenges of being on the road for such a large chunk of your life? Would you like to ask him about his views on football in Africa?

Please let us know what questions you have before 13 November 2009, as the interview will take place on 16 November.

We have put up a number of articles, written by Abedi, highlighting his experiences on the tour. Go to http://www.blog.standardbank.com/africaforum to see some of these articles.
4 Comments
Not applicable
What is Abedi Pele's view on Africa's performance during the 2009 Confederations Cup? Egypt, Bafana Bafana and Nigeria came up as strong contenders after that Cup, however they haven't all performed as strongly in the 2010 Qualifiers.

Who do you tip as the African teams to watch out for coming into the 2010 football season?
Not applicable
Dear sir,
Can you please help us, we're a football team in Accra who needs your help to find a sponsorship. The name of the team is Salami Rangers F/C Under 12 , 14, 17 and we are from the Accra west football Association.
Not applicable
Great article. I really like it. Thanks a lot for the information.

True Blood
Not applicable
That`s not a question.
That`s a homage to one of the best offensive midfield player, I`ve seen in my club.
When he played for 1860 Munich in Germany, I liked it very much to see him playing.
The stadium had sung:
*We singing A, we singing B, we singing Abedi Pele*

Now we playing second league. Abedi PLEASE come back, our midfielders
need a technique trainer so desperately, like the desert needs rain!

The lion in Munich has been toothless.
PLEASE TELL HIM, he's still very popular with the 1860 supporters.
The supporters elected him as the best midfielder in club history in a big Munich newspaper ( Abendzeitung )

I wish him all the best for his life and don't forget:
EINMAL LÖWE IMMER LÖWE