Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

Community

Share knowledge. Find answers. Ask questions.

Community blog

Read our latest news and views and get to know us better

Essential Insurance services during lockdown
Community Coordinator
Read more blogs in

Banking and insurance have been identified as essential services and as a result we will remain open for business over the next 21 days.

We will be operating with strict safety measures in place and we are continuously heightening these measures to ‘flatten the curve’ of the pandemic. We will continue to do everything we can to balance our clients’ most urgent needs with the wellbeing of our people.

Our priority during this time, is to be there for our most vulnerable clients who are in the most need, however, we also have a responsibility to protect the health of our staff, as well as that of our broader society, which means some of our usual insurance services will be impacted during this time.

This is how our insurance offerings will operate during the national lockdown.

Car, Home Structure and Content claims

In the event of a Service Provider experiencing capacity issues due to limited resources or unavailability of parts, you may experience a delay in your claim being serviced. During this time, we will be offering the option to pay your home related insurance claim in cash.

Funeral and Hospital claims

We will endeavour to process claims as soon as possible and will keep you updated on the progress of your claim.

Claims processing

We encourage you to make use of our digital channels, safely and conveniently. You can register and track your burst geyser, storms or burst pipe claims on the Standard Bank Banking App or through our Online Insurance Portal as well as access and manage some of your Insurance Policies on these platforms.

You can also email your Insurance claim:

We are here for you.  We understand that during this period of uncertainty there may be heightened personal financial challenges you are dealing with. Should you find yourself in financial distress, we urge you to contact us to see how we can help you restructure your insurance cover to ensure that you, your loved ones and your possessions remain protected. We are in this together after all.

We can also assist, should you wish to take out additional insurance cover by emailing:  [email protected]

1 Standard Bank Insurance Brokers (Pty) Ltd (“SBIB”) is an authorised financial services provider FSP 224.

2 Policies underwritten by Standard Insurance Limited (“SIL”). SIL is a short-term insurance company (Reg. No. 1993/007593/06).

Read more blogs in
22 Comments
Nomii
Not applicable

Good day. The funeral plan money has not been deducted from my account. Is it part of the services being paused for 3 months or is there some kind of delay?

Community Coordinator

Hello @Nomii,

Please share your initial query query and account details for further assistance, kindly share them with us on our social media for convenient assistance and response: twitter: https://twitter.com/StandardBankZA or Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/StandardBankSA/. Note, you can send a direct message to us for further assistance.

Regards,

Boitumelo

Thomas Johannes Stephens
Not applicable

Please forward us our Funeral Policy Document many thanks

M P MOSALA
Not applicable

Hi,

I just want to make a request of my updated funeral policy.

Policy no: FUNRLFNR 001440905.

Hope my request Wil be attended as soon as possible 

Regards

M.P MOSALA

tchabeli
Not applicable

I have logged a call relating to a geyser burst and I am not receiving any response. I have been holding on the line forever. Call Ref 20/028464. Please assist urgently as the situation is getting worse. 

Jaco v Staden
Not applicable

Hi there, I want a quote on car insurance please. Where can I mail the detail to? Thanks

Rampersad
Not applicable

Hi:

I have a burst geyser & need Urgent assitance 

Olwethu Davani
Not applicable

Hello, I have life assurance and house insurance with you. Furthermore, I am self employed. Is there a way I can get a relief on my bond, since I am self employed? 

Musawakhe adelbelt Gumede
Not applicable

Hi thanks for keeping us updated about how can we handle our query during the lockdown. But my issue is that around early February I get a call from the person who can mention himself as standard bank worker. He thankx me to be a standard bank client. En he wish to advice me about the caver I will take there, as the premium a aa 200 samething iam not so sure about the price because is to long calling me .but what is my problem is the lump sum which is my insurance paid if there's one of the family passed away or am I passed away which it was total very different with the premium he said I paid it. I cut him he mede me very fume because he talking about the 30,000.en I was total desagre with that what he said. Iam so sorry to write a long story .

Douglas Hornsby
Not applicable

Please contact me and explain why my instpremium has increased by 15% from 1 April. The house is registered in my wife’s name Olga Hornsby 

SOMASHEN
Not applicable

This must be the worst insurance policy for homeowners insurance that I have ever seen, my house got broken into and I put through a claim and was told that the builder would be at my house before 5 on the eve of lockdown and its 13 days later I only receive a sms that the builder will call me but R1700 later, I was ucky to replace my door and at least bent back the gate. Still considering my home was burgled there was no sincerity from you guys and till today I'm unaware of excess amount as I never received any docs and you guys charge a premium with no value for money spent having been a client of standard Bank for 20 years appauling

Ngobeni N
Not applicable

Good day thank you for availing yourself during this time. My query is about the relief period, I have a bond with you and pay insurance and my sister who I live with assist me to make ends meat is self-employed and cannot provide at the moment because of this lockdown period. This has drastically affected my finances. Does the relief period apply and if so how?

Basson J G
Not applicable

I want to know if  I can take out insurance to cover my outstanding balance after my death. ( Standard Bank Credit Card.)  Insurance worth R20000. Thank you.

Imelda Doris
Not applicable

Hi, 

How do I go about making a claim for a burst geyser. 

Kind regards

Petrus J B Viljoen
Not applicable

Is my credit card debt covered by the life insurance policy? Can I get a copy of the funeral policy on same card? Several e-mails and telephone calls ....ZERO response. Acc no 5120 5502 0307 6599. Cell no 0825656216 Respond via e-mail URGENT

Buti Motsoeneng
Not applicable

Hi there due this Covid 19 shut down can u please help me with credit, because there's  income i get from the company work for, while still waiting for the uif money they said they had applied for. 

Sthembile Zibani
Not applicable

Hi, 

Kindly provide me with a telephone number for Standard Bank Legal Assist department. 

Regards, 

SP Zibani 

Occasional Visitor

Hi. Due to this lockdown Im not receiving full salary at work. I have loans with standard bank. So how can I be helped as I'm not going to have enough money to pay those loans. What can u help me with? 

Baatseba Irene Moruti
Not applicable

@MandyP wrote:

Banking and insurance have been identified as essential services and as a result we will remain open for business over the next 21 days.

We will be operating with strict safety measures in place and we are continuously heightening these measures to ‘flatten the curve’ of the pandemic. We will continue to do everything we can to balance our clients’ most urgent needs with the wellbeing of our people.

Our priority during this time, is to be there for our most vulnerable clients who are in the most need, however, we also have a responsibility to protect the health of our staff, as well as that of our broader society, which means some of our usual insurance services will be impacted during this time.

This is how our insurance offerings will operate during the national lockdown.

Car, Home Structure and Content claims

In the event of a Service Provider experiencing capacity issues due to limited resources or unavailability of parts, you may experience a delay in your claim being serviced. During this time, we will be offering the option to pay your home related insurance claim in cash.

Funeral and Hospital claims

We will endeavour to process claims as soon as possible and will keep you updated on the progress of your claim.

Claims processing

We encourage you to make use of our digital channels, safely and conveniently. You can register and track your burst geyser, storms or burst pipe claims on the Standard Bank Banking App or through our Online Insurance Portal as well as access and manage some of your Insurance Policies on these platforms.

You can also email your Insurance claim:

We are here for you.  We understand that during this period of uncertainty there may be heightened personal financial challenges you are dealing with. Should you find yourself in financial distress, we urge you to contact us to see how we can help you restructure your insurance cover to ensure that you, your loved ones and your possessions remain protected. We are in this together after all.

We can also assist, should you wish to take out additional insurance cover by emailing:  [email protected]

1 Standard Bank Insurance Brokers (Pty) Ltd (“SBIB”) is an authorised financial services provider FSP 224.

2 Policies underwritten by Standard Insurance Limited (“SIL”). SIL is a short-term insurance company (Reg. No. 1993/007593/06).

Morning, due to lockdown may you please help me with my credit as I have bond with you. I am not going to receive full salary as I am on unpaid leave for those days that I am not at work. Please I am asking for your assistance. 

Baatseba Irene Moruti
Not applicable

Text you copy will automatically show here

Mogamad
Not applicable

Gud day sir/madam

I'm currently on short time employed at golden arrow bus service.Due to covid19 I'm forced to provide only for my family as I'm the only bread winner.Things are not getting easy as it use too,but real tough.I do have a letter of submission from my company,that will be handed over to standard bank in due course when I'm settle in full time at my work place. Also like to know if my insurance claims can cover my home loan... For the 3 months.Since I cannot get hold of the insurance brank.I can be contacted on 0614422865

Thank you

Visitor

Hi, my uncle is currently on a long business trip in South Africa. He would like to make life insurance. He is the only breadwinner in the family and supports 2 sisters, so he decided to insure his life so that in case of trouble they would have money to live on. They used to live very poorly, but after my uncle became a doctor, their standard of living improved. And he doesn't want his sisters to go back to poverty if something bad happens to him. I believe that this is the right decision and that he is a very good person. And so, while researching on the Internet, I found the Life insurance help desk, where there is a tool that provides the best insurance offers and calculates prices. I wonder how we can find out your prices? Please leave your contact number and my uncle will call you back, unfortunately, he doesn't always have access to the Internet and we communicate with him on the phone.