Community

Share knowledge. Find answers. Ask questions.

Community blog

Read our latest news and views and get to know us better

Four ways you can manage your debt
Community Coordinator
Read more blogs in

Four ways you can manage your debt

FOUR WAYS TO MANAGE YOUR DEBT 

Tired of living for payday? Reduction in income? Increased monthly Expenses? Recently lost your job?

All of the above can cause panic and stress as month end approaches and debt payments become due. When you are desperate, taking out debt to pay for debt may seem like an easy solution but may soon land you in hot waters with your Creditors.

Here are just some of the effective solutions Standard Bank offers that could help you manage your debts:

Payment arrangements
Debt Consolidation
Respread of your arrears
Payment Holiday

Do I need to manage my debts better?

Before diving into an explanation of the above offerings, it is important to ask yourself the question, “Can I manage my debts better”?

Very often we answer the question in the negative, thinking we are able to meet our debts easily. Simply because I can afford to make payment on my Home Loan, Vehicle Finance, Personal Loans and other credit obligations does not necessarily mean I am managing my debts properly. Management of debt is not only for those that have recently had a reduction in income or lost their employment. It is for everyone. That is, unless you are one of the select few that do not want to have more money at the end of the month.

What can I do if I need to manage my debts better?

The first step is to recognize whether or not I would like to manage my debts better because I want more money to live comfortably at the end of the month, or whether I need more money to make sure I get out of the cycle of credit that I am currently stuck in.

Should it be the latter option, then read on to better understand some of the offerings Standard Bank has to assist you.

What is a payment arrangement?

A lower instalment is when an arrangement to pay off your debt over a longer period is agreed between yourself and the Bank. This helps free up some cash which can then be used for your other financial commitments. So, before panicking and letting your accounts become overdue, speak to us and we’ll do what we can to keep you in your home.

Want to find out how to find out how to get a lower instalment on your debt? Chat to one of our bankers by clicking on https://www.facebook.com/StandardBankInstantMessaging

What is Debt Consolidation?

This is an option that enables you to combine various debts into a single manageable account. Instead of making payments on various accounts with various interest rates, why not pay a single amount at a single interest rate? You save and prevent going overdue with any of your credit obligations.

To determine if your qualify for a debt consolidation, chat to one of our bankers by click on https://www.facebook.com/StandardBankInstantMessaging/
What is a respread of arrears?

A respread of arrears is possible if you contact us early enough. If you are overdue by a small amount, contact us and we can possibly assist you in removing your arrears and adding it to our outstanding balance and extending your repayment term. You are then out of arrears and could also be paying an amount less than previously.

What could be better? If you are in arrears and interested in a respread of arrears, chat to one of our bankers by clicking on https://www.facebook.com/StandardBankInstantMessaging/

What is a payment holiday?

A payment holiday is an option that allows you to take a break from your repayments on a credit agreement for a period of one to three months. During this time, you can save your money and sort out your other credit commitments.

Instead of ignoring an overdue account, chat to us and determine if you qualify for a payment holiday? It’s simple, simply click on https://www.facebook.com/StandardBankInstantMessaging

Read more blogs in
7 Comments
Jabulane
Not applicable

I'm a 29 year old, i took out debt recklessy before and could not pay my debts. I cant get credit anywhere. i want to get away with that as a need a house, so as a standard bank client how can you assist me because the credit bureau has a total of R65000 that im owing different institutions. i'm earning a net salary of R15000 monthly. Please assist.

RYAN5223
Not applicable

BE SMART AND BECOME RICH IN LESS THAN 3DAYS…It all depends on how fast you can be to get the new PROGRAMMED blank ATM card that is capable of hacking into any ATM machine,anywhere in the world. I got to know about this BLANK ATM CARD when I was searching for job online about a month ago..It has really changed my life for good and now I can say I’m rich and I can never be poor again. The least money I get in a day with it is about $50,000.(fifty thousand USD) and i only spent $200 to get the card.Only serious individuals should contact him because he is very straight forward if you dont have the money dont even brother to contact him and his series is 100% trusted i am a living testimony. Every now and then I keeping pumping money into my account. Though is illegal,there is no risk of being caught ,because it has been programmed in such a way that it is not traceable,it also has a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTVs to detect you..For details on how to get yours today, email the hackers on:([email protected]) tell your loved once too, and start to live large. That’s the simple .. call/sms:+1(716)666-1189

Oliver
Not applicable

Good day, I am a 44 year old man, I took some loans  from different instituitions, four banks actually, to develop a house in the semi rural of Mpumalanga because i couldnt get a loan from one single instituition to fund my development. I resulted to Debt review a year ago, but the problem is I am paying the review company and distribution company too much. I earn a net Salary of R26000, I pay them (the distributer) R14000 of which it is too much, when I look at the term of paying my loans its too much and strictly I cant afford R14000 anymore. It is going to cost me more money if they renegotiate my payment with the instituitions. All my debts come to R350 000. I will be paying off R50 000 very soon. I have found a new job that will offer me much better salary that needs me to have a car. For now I want to get a consolidation loan and pay over five years of which I believe it will be best for me. If I get a consolidation loan I can manage to pay a maximum of R10 000 a month of which I believe it can save me some time as well.

Hope to hear from Standard bank soon.

MarlonP
Not applicable

I am 43, and full time employed. I went under debt review a few years ago, and have had to scratch my way through the variance debacles the debt counsellors subjected me to. I have fallen even further into debt and am really struggling as my accounts are  spread across multiple creditors.

Most of the accounts I owe are with external attorneys now, and I have had to make direct arrangements with them.

If I could consolidate everything excluding my bond under one (approx 600k minus the bond), I could afford to pay back 20k per month for 5years and still keep up with my bond.

Is this something Standard Bank would entertain?...As my debt is primarily with Standard Bank.

THB
Not applicable

Good day . I started a side Business in 2016 by taking out personal loans . So far I am still coping.  I would like to consolidate these loans. What can Standard Bank offer me . The total amount is about R250000.00

peter scott
Not applicable

I was lost in hope when i have debts consolidation and that keep pushing me back because it affect my credit score and also some late payments i have do bring my score down as well. I couldn't find help until i met this great hackr, I explain how i'm in debts consolidations and also let him know i have some couple of credit cards that are maxed out. He helped me increase my credit score to 820 which is a golden score and also clear my credit card debts within 2 weeks. I can testify that he is a great guy. Thank me later (Godeyeviewhacker AT hotmail DOT com) or (443) 338-3730

Thembisile Ngwekazi
Not applicable

Good day, I requested a respread/ extension request form but the one that was sent to me is A3 I cannot print it as it is giving me an error page issue, I took the same email to 2 internet cafe, they have the same issue even after changing the size to A4. Can I get the same form from standard bank branch?