Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community blog

Read our latest news and views and get to know us better

LinkedIn Talent Connect 2015
SBGroup
Community Coordinator

LinkedIn’s Talent Connect Europe 2015 conference took place in London last week. Our Global Head of Resourcing for PBB (Personal and Business Banking), Narisha Singh was invited to share her experience with Human Capital teams from around the world.   

Here’s what Narisha had to say about her 2 day experience:

linkedin-icon-1106010648.png

It’s the first time ever that a South African company or a company from Africa has been invited to speak at Talent Connect. The conference took place over 2 days and covered topics such as innovation and insight into the world of Career Management.

Industry leaders from all over the world gathered to listen to thought leaders from our industry, including me, for ideas and solutions on Human Capital Management.  

This year’s theme for the conference was ‘Big Ideas’, and as Standard Bank, I was approached to speak about the relationship between HR and Marketing, that gave rise to a unique strategy on how we recruit. I passionately told my story about the blue bank that I love and the great journey that I have been on with my colleagues in Marketing.

The feedback from people was great. They wanted to connect and wanted me to share my learnings. I was surrounded by people who wanted to learn from me and I was more than willing to share with them. The conference was followed by a private meeting with the LinkedIn executives and it was refreshing to see that our challenges are the same as others globally, and the theme of digital and data were the buzz words for the day.

I received tweets and inbox messages from people all over the world. People are talking about me and Standard Bank and I couldn’t be prouder than right now.

All our efforts to help keep our customers and employees Moving Forward is on track.

Follow us on LinkedIn to find out more about career opportunities and connect with Narisha to learn about her world of talent and recruiting in the digital age. 

1 Comment