Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community blog

Read our latest news and views and get to know us better

New York Fashion Week winner shares her fairytale
TeamSouthAfrica

NYFW4.jpeg

In November 2015 we launched a competition for prospective and existing clients to stand a chance to win a trip to the New York Fashion Week in February 2016. Interested participants were asked to send us a short biography or video clip about how Standard Bank can help achieve greatness and become an unstoppable success. Of the many entries we received, a winner was finally chosen. 

The winner of the competition, Jacqui Rogers from Pretoria shares her experience with us:

“I can't explain the exciting nervousness that went through my mind, I felt so spoilt and grateful, it felt like a dream.

The E! Africa party was the beginning of this royal treatment for me; we were spoiled with the best champagne, red carpet experience and great fashion.

I was super ready for our journey to New York City. My friend and I were given a warm welcome by the Emirates first class crew and we immediately felt like royalty and trust me the treatment we received did not disappoint. We were spoiled with only the best of everything.

We arrived at the Dream Downtown Hotel in New York City and got settled in. We started off our tour to NBC universal Studio’s where we got to see all the magic happen first hand. After that our chauffeur took us for a shopping tour through 5th avenue.

Girl in snow 2.jpg

Was it over? Hell no, the ultimate prize, New York Fashion week! We arrived and were taken to the E! VIP lounge and once again we received royal treatment. The crew from E! Los Angeles did an interview with me and filmed me doing my own virtual runway walk. Our chaperone Charlotte from E! Was an absolute darling and made us feel so comfortable and at home. We also visited the Statue of Liberty, Times Square, Soho, Madame Tussaud and Mood fabrics where they shoot Project runway.

Experiencing snow for the first time made me feel extremely grateful to have been awarded this amazing opportunity.

Thank you Standard bank, you have given me memories that were beyond my imagination. This has opened my mind to new avenues; you have given me newfound strength to push my business to all new levels and goals.“

NYFW2.jpeg

We are happy to have been a part of this great adventure with Jacqui.

Click to find out more about our business offerings.