Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community blog

Read our latest news and views and get to know us better

New service status page will keep customers updated
MandyP
Community Coordinator
Read more blogs in

We have launched a service status page to keep our customers up to date about the status of banking services and offerings. The opt-in-based website is designed to keep you informed during an incident and is available 24/7.

This website was developed in the interest of transparency and customer service. We always endeavour to ensure that our systems are up and always running, but technology is fallible. With this tool we can keep our customers informed in real time while our teams work to fix any issues that might occur. 

Communication of any issues is immediate, and you can register to receive updates via SMS, Email or RSS feeds. If accessing from a mobile phone, turn device to landscape view in order to select the appropriate icon for the type of update you would like to receive. Registration is a simple as cutting and pasting the following link into your web browser,  https://statuspage.standardbank.co.za/#  and clicking the subscribe button.

Please be aware when you subscribe for email notifications, you will receive an email from   [email protected]  to confirm your subscription to the service status page. Remember to check your junk folder if you have not received the email. Click on the link in the email to confirm your subscription for real time service status updates.

Any disruption of our services impacts our customers adversely. While our teams worked tirelessly to solve the problem, we know that this is not what our Standard Bank customers expect from us.  Our service status page is a way to keep our customers informed if we should ever experience technical issues of this kind again.

Please note that it is not common practice to send our customers links. While it is a good rule not to click on links, this website is perfectly safe. Also keep in mind that as your bank we would never ask you for any personal or banking information, such as your pin number, when corresponding with you. 

Read more blogs in
40 Comments
Vision4567
Not applicable

Please advise when I should expect my salary since it was paid on Friday, I haven't received it. 

ACustomerH
Not applicable

Why are you not showing historical incidents and performance on your status page? As a customer, I'd love to see how stable your platform has been over the past month. Because I know for a fact you've had multiple outages.

Denzyl
Not applicable

Your service over the last few days has been left wanting.

it is highly annoying what you put customers through.

M NorrisRogers
Not applicable

Std Bank IT Dept really needs to up their game. I access an account from another bank via their mobile app. In the year I have used this app I can't remember it ever being offline. Last week alone Std Bank app went offline 3 times! Do the maths!!

Jon Quirk
Not applicable

Standard Bank have known for at least twenty years that their computing systems are inadequate; even to the extent that, unlike other banks, their current account banking, their credit card division and their home loans division do not even talk to oneanother, so the reality is that Standard Bank, per se, have no customers and trather each customer is a separate and distinct customer with all the diparate parts of the banks it does business with, which means, inter alia, informing one part of a change of address, does not mean the other bits willl likewise update their records.

Ao much money wasted on the likes of Alice Lane when it should rather have been spent on updating systems.

But such was the vanity of the Board.

Schalk vd Merwe Trust
Not applicable

Now just teach your Managers who now work from home some work ethics. I applied for a small overdraft of R100 000 while the trust had 7 Million Rand in property. After 6 weeks I had to give up as on a continuing basis they don't come back to you. I also compaint at the branch but no success. Schalk vd Merwe

Sophia80
Not applicable

I have been emailing standardbank regarding products and help, they send feedback that they acknowledge your emails but nobody is contacting you back on that email etc. Really feel like leaving after being my whole life with standardbank. System downs every month end!! They want you to pay them but there system always crash 

Anita Moolman
Not applicable

You've been working on my online baking page and still no action. How am I supposed to do online banking but you send this that I do not need it

Shaun Carter
Not applicable

As a long standing SBSA customer I have noticed the stability of the IT application services slowly, but surely starting to decline. From about three years ago major system failures in the online banking services has been occurring. I'm not what has changed, but these disruptions show that there is not enough resilience and or capacity in the system. Events that effect online banking services should be far apart and  very few....not every end of the month! Since most banks are going to mostly online services this does not give one confidence in SBSS capabilities for online services 

effleurager
Not applicable

It's common practice to have status pages be accessible on "status.#(domain)".

Why does Standard Bank feel the need to break this trusted expectation? 🤦🏽

At least add the typical URL as a redirect, or better yet switch statuspage to being a redirect to status.standardbank.co.za ?

Sebola
Not applicable

I'm highly concerned about the banking app that becomes offline most of the time especially towards month end. I felt so embarrassed in front of a person that I was supposed to send money 

Received payment sms from standard bank friday night when exactly will it be ref
Not applicable

Petrus Coetzee
Not applicable

Have a heart to heart talk to your IT Department and independent contractors and replace them if they don't stop dropping the ball. 

Your failures are becoming so frequent as to be commonplace.

Remember, your clients vote with their feet and beware the exodus.

@MandyP wrote:

We have launched a service status page to keep our customers up to date about the status of banking services and offerings. The opt-in-based website is designed to keep you informed during an incident and is available 24/7.

This website was developed in the interest of transparency and customer service. We always endeavour to ensure that our systems are up and always running, but technology is fallible. With this tool we can keep our customers informed in real time while our teams work to fix any issues that might occur. 

Communication of any issues is immediate, and you can register to receive updates via SMS, Email or RSS feeds. If accessing from a mobile phone, turn device to landscape view in order to select the appropriate icon for the type of update you would like to receive. Registration is a simple as cutting and pasting the following link into your web browser,  https://statuspage.standardbank.co.za/#  and clicking the subscribe button.

Please be aware when you subscribe for email notifications, you will receive an email from   [email protected]  to confirm your subscription to the service status page. Remember to check your junk folder if you have not received the email. Click on the link in the email to confirm your subscription for real time service status updates.

Any disruption of our services impacts our customers adversely. While our teams worked tirelessly to solve the problem, we know that this is not what our Standard Bank customers expect from us.  Our service status page is a way to keep our customers informed if we should ever experience technical issues of this kind again.

Please note that it is not common practice to send our customers links. While it is a good rule not to click on links, this website is perfectly safe. Also keep in mind that as your bank we would never ask you for any personal or banking information, such as your pin number, when corresponding with you. 

Mash T1
Not applicable

The website has been rather disappointing in the past few weeks. I couldnt even buy airtime this morning.

Please invest in website/app developers. The whole purpose of having a website is to make ones life easier with your banking, but it has been the opposite. Hopefully you will be able to fix it soon. 

Nonhlahla
Not applicable

Im done with Standard bank, these past 2 months has been a rollercoaster in as far as banking with STD bank is concerned.

Catherine Austin
Not applicable

I left standard bank because FNB are far superior in every way and I WILL NEVER go back but you keep spamming me with emails and sms. What do I have to do to get you to leave me alone?! 

Sabelow
Not applicable

Lately my otps come in over 15 minutes late and obviously they have expired. Really frustrating 

Lydia Kimani
Not applicable

On 23rd of April, the online banking and mobile app were down and the bank did not bother communicating this valuable information with customers. After struggling for half a day while checking if there was anything posted on the internet, I decided to.contact your customer.care call centre only.to be given a mechanical answer 'they are down' no explanation, nothing.  We understand the down side of technology but this is no excuse for not  informing your customers about the current status. When you keep quiet, you create panic and uncertainty. 

Ninzo
Not applicable

I was really loving your online banking but it's been offline now for 2 days without any explanation. What's going on 

Lida Krige
Not applicable

Even this https we are in now is confusing. You get in, start reading and suddenly it interrups you etc.

SMyeni
Not applicable

I fear the day these outages happen while I'm traveling (paying for fuel, flights, car service, etc)

Consequences will be dire

Thabang9
Not applicable

Goodbye  and good riddance 

Kershania
Not applicable

Recently the app has been down, I haven't received sms's of money coming in or leavvinf my account.

The OTP take a while to come through when the app works. 

This is really causing me discomfort. 

I would like to know when will this app be sorted out?

Recently standard is proving that it's not the bank to be with

Kathy Wright
Not applicable

I have been with Standard bank for many years and so has my husband, we are in our 60's and my husband's account has been with Standard bank since he was 18 so that's nearly 43 year's that he's been been you and I've been there for over 30 but things have now just got ridiculous. I can't even get into my app on my phone anymore because it asked me to scan my ID but it won't scan??? I now have to do my banking on my laptop which is not as purposeful as the phone app. The phone app can be used outdoors. Standard bank should really start pulling their socks up otherwise they'll be losing a lot of customers. But it seems they don't seem to care. I waited 10 minutes for a OTP on Thursday while making a payment that was just ridiculous.....

Anon Anon Anon
Not applicable

This morning noted that your system time is out by 2 hours.   Did a transfer at 10:45, print-out says 12:45.   Could this be a source of your issues?

Noname
Not applicable

I have made a cash send on Friday the money has been debited from my account but still waiting for the voucher number till this day nothing . Yoooo very disappointed 

RinaK
Not applicable

When will you be fixing your services.  Money deposited not credited to account and none of your phone numbers working.  This is not waht we expect especially end of month 

Peter Phiri
Not applicable

I was using standard bank for 7 years and l have applied for home loan bond but l was approved by Nedbank which l was not there client what a disappointment and now l can't using my mobile app again its ask a lot of things. I loved to be standard bank client but lm about to give up. 

Thomas Owen Hesom
Not applicable

My wfe & I emigrated to Canada in 2003 and because I have a pesion paid monthly into my Standard Bank Mooi River, Natal account, so are unable to close the account. We have enjoyed internet banking ever since then with very few problems until about three years ago. Then the trouble srarted!  We changed out email address and it took about THREE DAYS to sort this out!  Phone calls for hours didn't help.  Had to get my son who still lives in Mooi River to go into the Bank and phone us on his cell phone and spoke to the ignorant staff person.  This is NOT an exageration!

Then at the beginning of the Pandemic in January 2020 they blocked our account completely, then a month later blocked access to our account too!   We have spent LITERALLY HOURS on the phone, have written numerous emails, to no avail. Just kept passing us from one incompetyent person to another and seem so relieved to get rid of us!  The account has just accumulated for 15 months now. 

WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO STANDARD BANK SOUTH AFRICA!!!  Is it collapsing and taking our money with it????   My son who still lives there has long ago changed to FNB !  Whoever you are reading this PLEASE DO SOMETHING!  You know exactly who I am because you send me sales emails nearly every day!

Animoo

Received an eft on Friday but the money is still not in my account. When can I expect to see the funds? It is my children's maintenance so is VERY important. 

Thiloshni
Not applicable

I must say your service is pathetic to say the least. Tried to open an account online but declines me every time and since your service has been out every other Friday and in between...the services has worsened.  All I get is fancy emails of how you improving things but to be honest...things are just bad as it was before covid hit us.

Farhana Mohamed
Not applicable

Very poor service provided by your consultants to resolve my matter. My query was taken on the 15 April, I received an sms saying my query has been resolved but it was lies as it wasn't resolved. Made 3 calls to the bank each lasting 45minutes only to be tolded that it will be resolved in the next 2 days but its the 3 May and the matter is still not resolved. This is the message was sent to me Standard Bank: Service request no. 7036088134, has been resolved. You will be contacted with the details. Queries: 0860123000. I have been calling the last 3 days only to get the run around and then they click me of. So who do I call to get my matter solved. 

Arvind1944

I need to do some urgent cash payments but am unable to do so as I cannot get access on the Bank site. When will this be possible?

Anonymous1234567890
Not applicable

Here's one that I can't even begin to fathom. I have a vehicle linked on my banking profile THAT IS NOT EVEN mine. I've logged various calls even went into a branch and apparently the case was handed over to the fraud department. It's been more than a year and a half! Beyond pathetic if you ask me. I don't even know why I'm still a Stb Bank customer. I guess the joke is on me.

Ten sevens
Not applicable

Anonymous

Really Upset
Not applicable

I am really upset been with standard for 25 years. I have everything with them. Got a settlement figure on my car paid it and then they say it wasn't the right amount? Phoned in to query the problem. It was more of a hassle to deal with incompetent people that don't know how to do their job, waited on the phone for a least half an hour to get no where. My business banker is fantastic, so l have to go through him to get anything done. 
Paid my ladies salary on Friday and she's still waiting for it to go into her account??? 
what is going on Standard Bank, you used to be the best bank around. 
I will be waiting to see if you jack up your services and get things running like they used to. 
You are going to lose your customers if something doesn't happen. 
I am not a happy customer right now. 

Kaydee
Not applicable

I find it disturbing the service level is quite pathetic. I personally thought your finance protection insurance on credit card is a function of percentage of amount outstanding.  Its surprising everything is about you without the clients benefits. I wish you can improve your walk in and on line services. 

Even this
Not applicable

Really poor,  cost me money when I couldn't access the OST site in time..

Thinking very seriously of leaving 

Swarring
Not applicable

If you don't actually do anything about the terrible online experiences that are more  than 50% of the time now, why offer this useless service...an illusion that things are happening... It just rubs salt into the wound. 

Alidzulwi
Not applicable

I was at one of your branches to cancel my debit orders and transfer the money to my savings account as I'm not working anymore. They never transfer the money nor cancel the debit order