July is Savings Month. Instead of force feeding yourself with complicated budgeting tips, turn saving into something fun. Here are a few tips to get you started:
1. Set a goal for yourself and decide what you want to use the money for. It will help you stick to the plan if you know what you are working towards. Perhaps a holiday or that new car.
2. Look at your spending habits and find ways to cut down costs. It could be as simple as not buying that extra cup of coffee or pair of shoes this month.
3. The only way to make it a habit is to make it a regular thing you do, so make sure you start saving some money each month.
4. As your income changes, remember that you can add more to your savings and help achieve your goal a little faster.
5. Always think savings. If you have a little money left over at the end of the month, save it. No need to spend till the last cent.
Saving should not be a scary task. Sometimes the hardest part is just getting started. Choose a day to start and commit to it. Remember, that you are saving for a better future. These simple tips will help you get started.
Follow the conversation using #SavingsMonth on Twitter for more tips.