Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community blog

Read our latest news and views and get to know us better

Today's Talent-Tomorrow's Leaders
Read more blogs in

Meet Michael Ngugi Ngarachu – CIB Investment Banking Graduate Programme

Michael is a recent graduate from The University of Witwatersrand where he studied a BCom Honours in Finance and Investments. During his “spare time” at university he also managed to start his own successful business called Students360. This passion for innovation and drive for success made him the perfect candidate to join the Investment Banking Graduate Programme in Africa’s most innovative Investment Bank. We asked Michael why he is excited to be part of this programme:

“I am excited to be working for the biggest investment bank in Africa,
where I can obtain deal experience through the continent and use these skills to become a mover and a shaker in the financial industry. Africa is a market that is abundant with hidden opportunities. It has a rapidly growing market, yet lacking in saturation and competition; arbitrage opportunities exist for businesses and entrepreneurs. Having the
opportunity to learn and grow from this exposure remains my biggest cause for euphoria. The first few months of joining the programme have been absolutely phenomenal.

The greatest part about the Graduate Programme is the opportunity that it gives you to network, and learn from heads of business and the different teams involved. The Programme develops a passion in you for being the best that you can be, as well as seeking to be a part of the team that will be tasked with growing Africa, and providing the necessary channels to drive Infrastructure and development on the continent.”

At the beginning of the year, Michael made a pledge to Standard Bank,
“I pledge to protect and grow Standard Bank Corporate and Investment Bank, its people and its reputation. I will continuously strive to tap into all resources available to develop myself, and in so doing, develop Standard Bank and Africa.”

We look forward to following this young man’s progress and successes.

If you want to be part of this leading programme, apply today at www.standardbank.com/graduates
Read more blogs in