Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Account number for credit card

17 REPLIES 17
MsRyRy

I do not know much details about my account since it was opened when I was little.Specifically my account number

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Dave-G.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention; we'd like to look into it more.

Please send us an email at [email protected] and let us know which platform you are attempting to obtain your credit card details from.

You can also access your account details by following the steps outlined below.

We eagerly await your email.

Regards,

Fana.

Team Standard Bank

Dave-G

Neither the banking app nor the online banking portal reveal your credit card number. An online search says to drop the first six and last digits of the credit card number and what remains is the 9-digit account number, but this does not seem to work in ZA. We need some real help here!

Laureano-l
I am in need of my account number so I can settle my card
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day, @lesegoafick123b.

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

To get your account information, you can use the following platforms:

• You can use our self-service platforms, such as our mobile app, cellphone banking, or Internet banking.
  • You can visit your nearest ATM and use your bank card for your account information.
  • You can visit your nearest branch with your ID book.

Please let me know if this information helps.

Kind regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team

lesegoafick123b
New Contributor
RonelSc
Visitor
Someone wants to pay into my credit card account but I can't find the number on my statement
Bianca84
Occasional Visitor
Good day I need to get my account number for my credit card.
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @toto1,

Please be advised that your credit card number serves as the account number should you need to transact into it. Could I kindly advise that you refrain from sharing your personal/account details on this platform as it is public, should we request that you share these details with us, we will forward you a valid Standard Bank email address in which you can share your details.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

toto1
New Contributor
acc number for this card number 5221266467728290
toto1
New Contributor
5221266467728290 card number my i.d number is 8612175837081
AEK01

Hi there, 

My current account and credit card link is enabled, however, I am unable to transact between the checking account and card because the system won't let me.  I have been to a branch to link the accounts in the past (hence it is linked) However, I am unable (impossible) to go to a branch to renew payment arrangements.  The amount was deducted via a debit order from my current account into the credit card, it seems there was a glitch when you switched systems and the instalments no longer get deducted. 

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @scottwilkins1,

Currently the option to add your credit card as a beneficiary is not enabled, you only have the option to link your credit card to the current account card that is linked to the mobile banking app in order to be able to transact between them. The linking of accounts can be done at your nearest branch, where you can also make arrangements for a payment to be deducted via debit order from your current account and committed towards your credit card installment.

Regards,

Mandy

scottwilkins1
Occasional Contributor
Hi.
I have been trying to add my STD bank credit card as a beneficiary on my mobile app so that I can pay it off.
When I try to make payment it says the account number is wrong.
I have been using my card number as displayed on my dashboard for the credit card under card details.
I can't see anything else on the app that I'm supposed to use as an account number?
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @zanivd92

On our app you would'nt be able to link other bank account unless adding it as your beneficiary. The best way to view your credit card account number it will be via standard bank app if you linked it already, you can however still be able to request the account number via the contact center (0860 123 000) or your nearest branch for security purposes.

Please let me know if this was helpful.

Regards,

Boitumelo

zanivd92
Occasional Visitor
I also have the same problem.

I want to pay my credit card, but I am not able to load the credit card as a beneficiary on my FNB account - since the card number is too long.

I can't find an account number for my credit card anywhere

PLEASE ADVISE
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @Porra247,

Please note you have the option to link the cards via your app to bank on the go. You will be able to transfer funds accordingly at anytime you want to.

Kindly follow the link for more information on how to link and make inter-transactions: https://community.standardbank.co.za/t5/Link-cards-and-accounts/How-do-I-link-my-cards-to-the-app/ta...

Let me know if this was helpful.

Regards,

Boitumelo

Porra247
Visitor
Good day,

I would like to know how I can do an EFT into my credit card. I called the Standard Bank call center for assistance and they advised me of my credit card account number to make a payment, but when I try, the result comes back as unsuccessful.

I have looked on my statement as well but only find a credit card number.

Can someone please advise me on what I should do?

I simply want to make an EFT payment from my cheque account to my credit card.