Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Cards no longer working abroad

Gmf
I'm at my wits' end. A couple of weeks ago, my cheque and credit cards stopped working abroad, where I am currently based. They had been working fine and were activated for overseas use. I had also provided a contact number and email address where I could be reached for fraud checks. I have now exhausted my airtime trying to phone customer service, and as I don't have access to my surplus funds, I really have no way of contacting Standard Bank other than email. I have sent many emails the past couple of weeks and have mostly received template responses advising me to phone the card or fraud divisions (which, as I had explained in my emails, I'm not able to do given my financial situation). In one email I was asked to answer questions as a security check. I hoped this meant that my query had been taken up, but when I followed up after a few days without a response, I again received the template reply, apologizing for the inconvenience and suggesting I phone. As things stand, I won't be able to pay for my accommodation next month. I really am in a dire situation and have no idea why my cards have been frozen. I hope someone will be able to advise.