Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Cash finance charges

Solved
Taffiex
New Contributor

I too Am a victim of these white collar theft camouflauged as credit card charges. I so which Speak out and other expose' platforms could interview standard bank credit card clients so that they see long term impact of their unethical charging practices. I just decided to check my statements today and to say I am disppointed is an understatement. I feel like I was weaseled into this contract with the devil that I can not get out off.

My month credit card payment is R2018 but my deductions are as follows: 

-card fee R14

-Budget Finance fee between R1.92 to 2.50 

-Trans fee 2.43 

-service fee R40.00

-CASH FINANCE CHARGE R950 

-FINANCE CHARGE R88.34

-Credit Protection Policy R288.78

I pay R2018 

THEY CHARGE ME R1390 

THAT MEANS ACCORDING TO THEM I PAY ONLY R600 PER MONTH 

I currently owe R68 000 but I had used up R70 000. I have not touched my credit card for 9 moths and I still owe R68 000 from R70 000 even though I have been paying every month. At this rate it means that I will still be paying standard bank for the next 10 to 15 years even if I do not use the credit card. I hope anyone reading this who doesn't have credit with them knows that this is how they operate. I am so pissed off I even found myself googling who owns standard bank. I can't imagine those who applied for a bond using this bank. I am going to pay cash and close this account for good. I hope to never see standard bank again in my life. In fact I bet this is why most of their branches closed. Dipsite their greed they steal couldn't keep their doors open

0 Kudos
Taffiex
New Contributor

I hope those of you who put these complaints up two years ago have since moved. Spread the gospel, let anyone who cares to hear know never to trust standard bank. I can't believe that they are using loop holes in the justice system to manipulate people into slaving away for them while they sit in their air conditioned offices and wait for us to pay money. This is why banks barn, fight and bash pyramid schemes because it takes one to know one. Theirs is just more organised and clever in that they manipulate the system. 

0 Kudos
Sandra5
Then please could someone explain why I'm being charged cash finance charges on my credit card when I never use it to draw cash and my account is fully paid up. In fact, I keep my credit card overpaid (and earn interest on it), but still get these charges coming off. Does using things like Zapper and Ozow count as cash withdrawals?
0 Kudos
Tumi007
I have NEVER withdrawn from my credit card and yet I get charged R1400 every month. Can you kindly clarify as to why this is the case.
0 Kudos