Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Close credit card account

3 REPLIES 3
jeberdes
New Contributor

I have just got off the phone, after 10 minutes 55secs call from UK. Call cut off!! No resolution of problem, was again told to go into branch. Impossible !!!. The account is fully paid up, and the card has expired this month.  I can just ignore it ,but presume I will still be charged service fees,so would rather cancel properly.

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @MDwin,

I can understand your frustration on this matter and would like to apologise for the level of service received to date, please rest assured that it is not standard practice. Could I kindly advise that you get in touch with our international customer care on 010 249 0423 for a further resolution on this issue.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

jeberdes
New Contributor

I sent all dtails to the email address, which was rejected.  i.e. [email protected] . This is the contact address as stated on the website.

MDwin
I am having difficulty Lu closing my credit card account. I live permanently in the UK and no longer need for wish to have a Standard Bank cc. I have tried to call and email to no avail. My mother has gone into the local branch only to be told I have to do it in person. I have looked for a secure message option but there is none. I feel like I’m going around in circles. Please could someone advise or assist me?