Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Credit Card Application - Have I been scammed?

Solved
8 REPLIES 8
Letsholo
Solution

I called Standard Credit Card division and they have confirmed the email: [email protected] is not a scam. It belongs to a company that is working with them on credit card applications. They do the vetting for all the approved applications.

EstelleRaj14
New Contributor
Hi just some feedback on my credit card application.... Everything went well my credit card was picked up on Saturday.... So far I am very impressed with the service I received especially coming from another bank.... But still too early to judge...but so far good job standard bank
EstelleRaj14
New Contributor
Hi this happened to me as well guys... I don't think it's a scam because I saw someone did say they were asked to send docs to market sa or something... I called standard bank and when you do an online application the company market sa does the vetting of clients n when approved they upload ur new account for standard bank to have excess to your portfolio on the app. But they are a bunch of I don't know what because I didn't win with them they kept making me send documents then because my employer pays me couple Rands more than in my bank account they just gave me a run around... They are useless when it comes to communication and gives standard bank a really poor name... How ever I got my employer to correct my payslip and went into standard bank branch and reapplied on Saturday. The consultant was quite informative and advised that my account is approved... They just need to confirm employment on Monday which is tomorrow and will send me a sms to collect my cards when ready... I will let you guys know if all goes well as I am a client of another bank but they managed to convince me otherwise... So I will notify you'll if all goes well... But as for the online thing they just drag you so if you really need finance from my personal view they are no way on my list of options... I actually will be sending a email to the ceo of standard bank to let them know about they wonderful marketing team that gives them a bad name... Good luck
Concerned

Exactly the same thing happened to me is there any outcome to this?

Pina01
I have submitted an application two days ago, someone called me to confirm my details, I have sent my documents to online applications email address, pls standard bank please advise if this is a legitimate process of applying for your credit cards???? Now my documents are out there, I'm stressed now
Mokgoro
Occasional Visitor
Goodday

I am in the same situation applied online on the 15 April 2020 were you finally assisted or received your card ?
Yangstar
New Contributor
Pliz advise if you have received your card
Kogie07

Hi what was the outcome of this ? Coz I just received the same call and email .

Please advise if you received your credit card

Thank you

Confused101
Hi SB
I applied for a credit card two weeks ago, and have sent my required documents to [email protected] - no response.
Yesterday, I received a call from ‘Standard Bank’ saying I could complete my application via the phone. I was asked a bunch of security questions (to spell my name correctly, finish the last 8 numbers of my ID number, confirm my addresses and place of work) (NB to note that somehow they had all of this information), then was asked to email my payslips and ID document to [email protected]. I did this, and received an delivery failure notification - email doesn’t exist. Then I received an email telling me to forward these documents to [email protected]. Why would SB be using a non SB email address?
Is this a scam? If so, how were they able to access my personal information provided in my credit card application? If this is a third party, it seems as though SB’s security system needs some attention.
I have sent [email protected] 3 emails since this happened, with no response.
I’m really disappointed and nervous to think that my information is out there for someone to apply for credit in my name.
Would really appreciate a response.
Thanks.
Confused101
Go to the solution >