Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Credit Card Application

2 REPLIES 2
GreyFox
New Contributor

Good day.

Well Standard Bank never ceases to amaze me these days. wow.

It seems that even though I havent been contacted, with regards to the actual delivery / pick up of the said credit card, from the Cradlestone branch, even after an email enquiry to the prestige banker email address,

that the credit card has already been linked on my credit bureau profile?

and is linked to my mobile phone app, under the cards section.

but hey, no one seems to be able to say if its actually ready for collection :-)

hahahahahah Standard bank is honestly going out backwards. wow.

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @GreyFox,

Please be advised that you should ideally receive contact between 2 to 3 business after you've filled out a 'call me back' form on any of our product pages. Can I kindly ask that you forward your ID number and contact details to [email protected] with the subject line "Credit Card Application" so that we can look into this matter and assist you further.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

GreyFox
New Contributor

Good day,

I was using the online banking website on the 02 March 2019 and I was shown a message that I can apply for credit. I went through the initial process thats given on the website and it gave me three options, one of which was a credit card. I showed my interest in this and I was given a choice of when I would like to be called back, I asked that I should be called back on the 04 March 2019. Today is the 12 March 2019 and I have had no response since? I have reviewed my credit record and there was a check done already.

So the question comes, if you do not want to give me the credit card, which is fine, why was there a check done on my record and then nothing done afterwards? so that also means that when I want a credit card in future again, you will have to do another check again, which will remain on my credit report for another 12 months???