Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Credit card cancellation

6 REPLIES 6
bigimoehring
New Contributor
How can we close a credit card in an emergency - card is stolen!
bigimoehring
New Contributor
The credit card of my friend has been stolen - how can we cancel the card?
RB22
New Contributor

Please can you assist, I am overseas and unavailable to visit a local branch and would like to cancel my Credit card please.

Thanks 

@Sid1 wrote:
Is there any way I could cancel my credit card online instead of going to the nearest branch as the service in the branch is very bad and they always saying call the call center which is very fraustrating.

Markoc122

Hi - I am currently resident overseas and wish to cancel my creit card - so am unable to go to a branch. How do I go about doing this? I also contacted my personal banker who said she was unable to assist!

Regards

Mark

francoproc
New Contributor

I am in the UK permanently.

Have a local credir card

Want to cancel myStandard Bank card.

Regards

Franco

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Sid1,

Please be advised that currently, the option to cancel your credit card on any of our self service channels is not available. You will need to visit your nearest branch or get in touch with our customer care on 0860 123 000 in order to be assisted with closing your credit card.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

Sid1
Occasional Visitor
Is there any way I could cancel my credit card online instead of going to the nearest branch as the service in the branch is very bad and they always saying call the call center which is very fraustrating.