Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Credit card cancellation

Solved
11 REPLIES 11
Char555

Hi FanaM1 

I was so pleased to find this post about the format of the email address. Straight away, I wrote and sent off an email about cancelling my credit card. I hadn't signed on, registered or anything.

So now of course I can't find my email. Can you help? I also wanted to give you a kudo, but it wouldn't let me. So maybe this reply to you will also end up in outer space...

BTW I have since managed to cancel my credit card, so that is no longer an issue.

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hello there, the correct email address is [email protected]. The team is ready to assist.

Blaine
Solution
Tried to send details to [email protected] for card cancelation. Came back undelivered. What's the procedure?
jennystephens

I have mailed all the requested details for the cancellation of y credit card to [email protected] and it comes back 'UDELIVERABLE'

Occasional Visitor
hi, i also want to cancel my bank card, the email doesnt seem to work [email protected]
RB22
New Contributor

Hi Mandy

I am currently overseas and am trying desperately to cancel my CC i have sent numerous emails to the ask email address. Please help

Mdr
I have been struggling with this for two years now
I don’t even have the card in my possession and branch said it was send back to head office
Yet I have been debited for service fees on a card I have not even signed or collected
GABORONE
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Wimpie2,

I can understand your frustration and would like to apologise for the level of service received. Can I kindly ask that you forward your credit card details, ID number and contact details to [email protected] with the subject line "Credit card cancellation" so that we can urgently look into this matter and assist in resolving further.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

Wimpie2
I have done this 2 months ago. And mu cc acc is still open. Sbank is still charging me service fee. My next move is ombudsman.
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Shaaista,

I can understand your frustration and would like to apologise for this. Please note that currently the option to cancel your credit card on the mobile banking app is not available. You will need to visit your nearest branch, contact customer care on 0860 123 000 or forward your credit card details, ID number and contact details to [email protected] with the subject line "Credit card cancellation" so that credit card support can assist you further.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

Shaaista
Occasional Visitor
How can I cancel a credit card on the app? The customer care line has been terrible with attending to calls. I've called a number of times and waited repeatedly for more than 10 minutes at a time for someone to attend to my call - this is not a toll free line! My personal banker has also retired, which I only found out after emailing her. Very disappointing service.
Go to the solution >