Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Credit card reinstatement

1 REPLY 1
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Sarahjf,

I can understand your frustration on this and would like to apologise for the inconvenience this has caused. Please can I ask that you forward your ID number and contact details to [email protected] with the subject line "credit card reinstatement" so we can get one of our agents to urgently assist you further.

Regards,

Mandy

Sarahjf
Occasional Visitor
I was retrenched last year May. Insurance paid out for 12 months , ending April 2021. When the insurance paid out they blocked the credit card . I have since opened my own business and would like to unblock my card . They REFUSE to reinstate the credit card as I am SELF employed by own registered business and will only reinstate if I am employed by another business ???? This does not make logical sense and I am getting tired of being sent on a wild goose chase by standard bank while they continue to charge me R500 a month in fees on a card I can’t access! I have been with standard bank for 7 years or maybe even more and I have never experienced such bad customer service