Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

EFT Payment into my standard bank credit card from another bank account

20 REPLIES 20
JoeSM80
Thank you very much. I have been trying to do this for months and found no information online!
Fahiemk
New Contributor

i think you use standard bank as public organitation and then use credit card number as the reference

CrystalJooste
Occasional Visitor

If you are tryng to add your Standard Bank Credit card to your Capitec Account you need too select "Add a credit card beneficiary to my list" in your Capitec payments menu. Hope this helps

Jay7X
New Contributor

I see years later and no real response? Also having the same issue. Nobody at standardbank can answer this for some reason? 

BusiZ
Occasional Visitor
Hi
I have been trying to send money to my credit card from my debit card but, it is not working. Says the account number is invalid
Tee01
New Contributor
That does not work:
Error message: Invalid Beneficiary Account Number
Tee01
New Contributor
That option is not working on the Standard Bank app
Chris12345

Is my credit card account number the same as the card number that appears on the card?

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @ilseBekker

We have responded to your thread here: https://community.standardbank.co.za/t5/Credit-card/Loading-Credit-Card-As-a-beneficiary-on-FNB/m-p/...

Please direct message us on our social media platforms for any urgent queries, that will be on both Facebook & twitter.

Regards, 

Boitumelo

ilseBekker
Occasional Contributor
ilseBekker
Occasional Contributor

Hello, its oct 2108.

this does not work, nobody is helping.

when adding the cc nr its says invalid?

derek1234
New Contributor

Hi iwant to use my current account to pay my bluebean credit cart what must i do my gold card and access is as benifisheries on current account

derek1234
New Contributor

@StandardBankwrote:

Hi Imo786,

You use your credit card account number to make the payment into the account.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

@StandardBankwrote:

Hi Iwant to use my current account to pay my blue bean account

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

msmdladla
Frequent Visitor
I'm experiencing a similar problem, the credit card account number is not allowing me to add it as a beneficiary in order for me to make payments. Please advise.
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @Jo-Anne,

The best way will be to add your credit card as your beneficiary using credit card account number which is located on your monthly statement. You can also link your credit card on your app to make convenient payments instantly.

Let us know if this is not resolved for you.

Regards,

Boitumelo

Jo-Anne
Frequent Visitor
Hi I would like to make a payment into my credit card from my cheque account how do I do this?
Afrosapiens
Frequent Visitor

I have a similar challenge but in my case the other person will be paying me via credit card. I imagine he will first have to create me as a beneficiary. What I am not sure of is what the branch code number and account number would be. I assume that my credit card would be used as a reference for the transaction. My brother, who will be paying me, uses FNB. Please advise me.

Rebel

where do i find the my credit card account number for me to send to the other party, so that they can transfer money directly into my credit card?

di

How do you set up an FNB Credit Card as a beneficiary on Standard Bank online banking. I get this message.

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Imo786,

You use your credit card account number to make the payment into the account.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team