Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Forgot credit card atm pin

Solved
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hello @Dave4105.

Thank you for getting in touch.

We're sorry to hear about that. We take such issues very seriously.

Fraud Operations is excited to share information regarding a new initiative we will be going live with in May 2021.

We have been experiencing high call volumes for the past few months on our Inbound Risk Line, mostly for customers calling in to report Fraud.

However, there are several incoming calls that are not Fraud-related and as a result, we are not attending to the Fraud victims as fast as we should.

Whilst there are many initiatives underway to ensure that the

We will be launching a USSD capability which will be announced as a Wait message while customers are in the queue to speak to the Fraud agent. The message will inform customers that they may dial the USSD string and provide their ID or Passport number.

The Wait message that will be placed on the Inbound line is as follows:
“Did you know that you can temporarily stop your card by dialling *134*FRAUD#, that’s *134*37283#. Dial, then enter your ID number and one of our consultants will call you back promptly”

With this information, we will be loading a soft block on all cards linked to the provided ID number and we will initiate an immediate outbound call to the customer using our Fast Path Dialler capability – this means a customer will receive a call within seconds on the number they completed the USSD Soft Block process.

Once the customer answers, our fraud agents will then be able to engage and understand what happened and continue to assist the customer.

Regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team.

Dave4105
New Contributor

to standard bank - maybe 2 should be disabled.   I was ,scammed at an ATM whereby the fraudster got me to go to the stop card screen.   To get to that screen you need to enter you id number and that screen displays all your linked cards.   I stopped my debit card, the one I was using, but a short while later my credit card (which was still in my wallet) was used to make a cash withdrawal at pick and pay.  So without me knowing they must have captured my card details and id number, and somehow done a withdrawal. 

FanaM1
Solution
Community Coordinator

Hi @Camo16 .

Thank you for reaching out.

We have few ways in which you can get your ATM pin. 

• Option 1: To begin, go to your homepage and select the manage button on the navigation
    Select cards
    In this view (vertical view), you see all your cards that you own in a list
    From here you will select your card for which you want to view the pin
    If you are in this view (Horizontal view), you see all your active cards displayed in a carousel
    You will need to swipe through to find your card for which you want ot view the pin, and then select card settings
    Once you are on your card details screen, select the view pin option (at the bottom)
    For security purposes you need to provide your South African ID number
    Non-residents will have to provide their passport number
    When you’re done, select next to view your pin

Option 2: Telephone banking - please dial, you will be engaging with our team and assist you with the ATM pin. The number dial is 0861 201 000 option 2 then 2.

Option 3: Is to visit your nearest branch with your ID book for assistance with your ATM pin.

I hope this answers your question.

Kind regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team.

Camo16
Hi I forgot my ATM pin can you explain how to get it without going to branch as they are closed I downloaded app but to link card I need a pin
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi .

Thank you for reaching out.

We have few ways in which you can get your ATM pin. 

• Option 1: To begin, go to your homepage and select the manage button on the navigation
    Select cards
    In this view (vertical view), you see all your cards that you own in a list
    From here you will select your card for which you want to view the pin
    If you are in this view (Horizontal view), you see all your active cards displayed in a carousel
    You will need to swipe through to find your card for which you want ot view the pin, and then select card settings
    Once you are on your card details screen, select the view pin option (at the bottom)
    For security purposes you need to provide your South African ID number
    Non-residents will have to provide their passport number
    When you’re done, select next to view your pin

Option 2: Telephone banking - please dial, you will be engaging with our team and assist you with the ATM pin. The number dial is 0861 201 000 option 2 then 2.

Option 3: Is to visit your nearest branch with your ID book for assistance with your ATM pin.

I hope this answers your question.

Kind regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team.

Mchunub
Occasional Visitor
How do I get my bank account pin without going to the branch
Thabang901

Forget my credit card pin

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hello @AsipheNqavela ,

Please be advised that you can view your ATM pin on the mobile banking app provided that your credit card has been linked to the app. You'll need to make use of the below steps to access your pin:

• log on to the app,
  • Tap on the tile which shows your credit card details,
  • Tap on "Cards"
  • Tap on "View Pin". You will be required to input your ID details or Passport number in order to view the pin.

Alternatively the branch team should be able to assist with your ATM pin.

AsipheNqavela
New Contributor
Nokulunga1
Muxexo12
Kete
I forgot my app details and my atm pin
DaveL
Occasional Visitor

My Credit Card pin number has expired or changed. I cannot access my card. Not sure how to change it without standing in a queue in a CV19 hostile environment.

Would prefer to do it online if possible.

3k2
Forgot credit card atm pin
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Sk4,

Please be advised that you can view your ATM pin on the mobile banking app provided that your credit card has been linked to the app. You'll need to make use of the below steps to access your pin:

• log on to the app,
  • Tap on the tile which shows your credit card details,
  • Tap on "Cards"
  • Tap on "View Pin". You will be required to input your ID details or Passport number in order to view the pin.

Alternatively, contact customer support on 086 120 1000 for further assistance.

Regards,

Mandy

Sk4
Forgot credit card pin
Xolani9
When I press next it says"connection reset executing post, please help
diminzos
Hi can i reset my atm pin online
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Dorah,

Kindly contact credit card support on 086 120 1000 in order to be assisted further with retrieving your pin.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

Dorah
New Contributor
I forget my pin. How do I get it