Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Online Credit Card Application (Disappointing)

RClassen
New Contributor

I see there are a number of similar posts, I got pre approved for my credit card on Wednesday (28.04.2020), and according to the consultant I should've received my card within 3 - 4 days, he requested I scan and email the supporting documents for the application to be processed and finalized.

I sent all the documents he requested, on the same day, and everything has just gone quite. I've contacted the call centre and sent emails, a number he gave me to call if I had any queries, but it seems like no one at the call centre is able to assist. 

I have a couple of questions that I need clarity on

1. What's the purpose of having a call centre when clearly no assistance can be obtained when calling it?

2. What's taking Standard Bank this long to reslove the issues they have when it comes to online applications (I've noticed this is an ongoing problem from the posts I've read)

3. As a client of Standard Bank, do they honestly think that service like this would persuade me to remain a customer (I've been a client for more than 6 years)

I am truly disappointed with the customer service experience.