Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Reverse a credit card transaction

SilindileMbo
Community Coordinator

Hi mphok,

We have atteched the form to this comversation for your convience.

Best regards

Silindile

Standard Bank Team

mphok
Occasional Contributor

there is no form attached

SilindileMbo
Community Coordinator

Hi Mphok,

Kindly forward the form to [email protected] for our team to assist further.

The form is attached as well for assistance with reversal of funds.

Regards

Silindile

Standard Bank Team

mphok
Occasional Contributor

please send me the reversal form

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Elvic.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Please tell us if the transaction is an EFT or a card purchase. The processes are different, and we will need your email address to share the form with you.

Your urgent response is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team

Elvic

Please reverse payment of R5006.00 paid from Acc1371 Wantitall Johannesburg ZAF 16-02-2023 18H

Acl.bal R7844.65 2023-02-16

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Eugene3.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

All card swipes and online purchase reversals are processed by our chargebacks team.

You need to fill out a dispute form in order for us to be able to assist.

Please share your email address so we can share the dispute form with you.

Regards

Fana.

Standard Bank Team

Leigh1505
I did a transaction online for a product I wanted but then saw the company took off almost 4 times what I was supposed to pay. I Googled and found this to be a scam. How can I reverse this transaction and prevent them from using my details in the future
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Chilovb1941.

Thank you for reaching out.

Please be advised that should you wish to reverse the payment; you need to note the below.

You need to fill in the SOD form to dispute the transactions with our charge backs team.

Please take note of the following time frames for voucher requests and Chargebacks to be processed.

Voucher Requests

*   Local (banks within South Africa) – 21 business days, cost – R52.00 per voucher.
  *   International (banks outside South Africa) – 42 days, cost – R216.00 per voucher.

Chargebacks

*   Local (banks within South Africa) – 21 business days
  *   International (banks outside South Africa) – 45 days

Please note that the time frames may vary due to the additional information that may be required e.g. If the transaction is swiped, we may require a copy of the voucher from the merchant before processing a credit to your account and the Standard bank card division can only process a chargeback on your account provided that the transaction that is being disputed is within 60 days from the statement date.

If you still want to continue, kindly share your email address and I will share the form with you.

Regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team.

Chilovb1941
New Contributor
Chilovb1941
New Contributor
Payment made to Just Answer for R365.00 And R15.00 and have been in contact with the them but lost contact and have not had any response back although having tried to reconnect
Eugene3
Occasional Visitor
How can I reverse a credit card transaction just made