Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Standard Bank Credit Card support (NOT)

1 REPLY 1
Peter1949
New Contributor
AND as expected, no response to this post either .....
Read and learn.
Peter1949
New Contributor

If you are considering using a Standard Bank credit card, I suggest that you look elsewhere.

Many other options.

The support is non-existant / inadequate / ineffective.

The "Call me back" does not elicit any response.

The Contact us number eats all your airtime while you listen to their "adverts" / promo stuff.

Then they take your number to call you back - NEVER happens.....

They have twice in this last week DECLINED my Mastercard due to ?????? 

It is fully paid up to date (In full - not minimum payment, no budget plan etc.).

I have a significant credit limit anyway.

Expiry date about 4 or 5 years ahead.

Card is not faulty, not a merchant problem either.

No reason given. No appology - just massive inconvinence and embarasment for me.

I have lost special offers due to them expiring in time due to the delay.

Without doing or changing ANYTHING the card suddenly and unpredictably works the next time (Maybe).

I am over it after more than 50 years continuous with Standard Bank (Bandard Stank).

Not just Credit Card - Other accounts and investments as well.

So BE ADVISED:

This is how you can expect to be treated (Ignored) after a lifetime with this bank.

Oh, I even tried email.

Due to Covid and my equally aged spouse's co-borbidities - It is not safe for us to go into a branch and sit in queues for hours, so that is also not an option.

So, I am, and I suggest that you also do, looking for another bank which actually cares about their customers and tries to accommodate their circumstances and age.

This one DOES NOT.

I forgot to mention that apart from the credit card account I also have transactional and investment accounts with them.

Rest assured that as the opportunity arises these will be re-located to another bank (Still deciding which, but Google is my friend).

Caveat emptor.

Cheers

Peter J Hutchison