Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Sterling Debt Recoveries

2 REPLIES 2
Tom3
Occasional Contributor

Hmm, something tells me it's not all clean. Do you admit the idea that these could be scammers? First, try to call your bank and clarify the information. If these are still letters from your bank's debt collection department, then you should seek help, as there is no evidence that you are still in debt. You can contact the Lemberglaw Law Firm for assistance. They will help to understand the situation and stop the abuse of the position of collection companies. If necessary, they will go to court for you, but they will solve the situation. I hope I was helpful, good luck to you.

Muller21pfg
Contributor

ow nice
I have faced debt collections and that people were beating me...

jacmul101
New Contributor

Hello,

I had a Standard Bank credit card. I am convinced it has been paid off but Sterling Debt Recoveries have emailed me requesting payment.

I would agree, fair enough if there was proof of outstanding payments but their language and grammar has me particularly concerned as it is very poor for what you would assume is a professional company. Does anyone have similar concerns?

Here is an extract from the latest email I received. The card number and amount have been modified by myself.

Hope you are well and blessed. I tried to call you  but could not get through.  The Standard bank Card 1234567890123456 was hand over to our  Attorneys for a legal collection for R999999.   This is now legal accounts that needs urgent payment. Are you in a position to settle the amount,  if not than we have to make monthly repayments arrangements. Please advice urgently

As you can see there are multiple grammar errors.

Thanks