Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Tap and go

10 REPLIES 10
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Frans238.

New gold debit cards are enabled for tapping. If your card does not allow you, please contact the card team on 0861 201 000 for activating it.

Kind regards,

Fana.

Frans238
Many & Boitumelo. You are not answering the question. You say how good the tap facility is, & your link into the Std Bank is just an advert for your credit cards & as for using mobile banking app; imagine the scene at the check-out while everyone has to wait. Std Bank, we did not ask for this, please answer the question. Frans 238
helenmavis

@Bettie17 wrote:
How can I actived my tap and go on my debit card

Bettie17
Visitor
How can I actived my tap and go on my debit card
Msiyana
New Contributor

@MandyP But you can't disable tap and go specifically? Never mind about the other features. 

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Msiyana,

Tap & Go is the easiest method of transacting with your standard bank card. Please note the limit on this is R500 as this feature allows you to manage your spend. Kindly note that Tap & go also requires you to enter your pin for any purchases above R200. For more information on this please follow the link attached: http://merchantsolutions.standardbank.co.za/standimg/StandardBankGroup/merchant/documents/TaptoPayBr....

Kindly note that if you wish to not use the card, you can contact [email protected] to disable all features on the card and use the Mobile Banking App instead. You also have the option to re-enable the features when you want to use use the card again.

Regards,

Mandy

Kind Regards,

Mandy

Msiyana
New Contributor

Hi,

Can Standard bank please reply to this. I also want to know, honestly I feel this feature was not given a lot of thought.

@Murdoc_112 wrote:

Hi 

I just wanted to know can the tap and go feature be disabled on my card? Or will I have to get a new card that doesn't ahve the feature on it?

Murdoc_112
Occasional Visitor

Hi 

I just wanted to know can the tap and go feature be disabled on my card? Or will I have to get a new card that doesn't ahve the feature on it?

kimG
Occasional Contributor
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello Kim,

Tap & Go is the easiest method of transacting with your standard bank card. Please note the limit on this is R500 as this feature allows you to manage your spend and grants security should you lose your card. For more information on this please follow the link attached: https://www.standardbank.co.za/standardbank/Personal/Banking/Credit-cards/Innovative-payment-solutio....

Have an awesome day further and let me know if this was helpful. :)

Regards,

Boitumelo

kimG
Occasional Contributor
What are the limits on Tap and Go?