Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Can I get the new app on my Windows phone or Blackberry?

The new app is initially available for iOS and Android devices. There are plans underway to release the app on more phone platforms based on customer demand. The existing Blackberry and Windows mobile banking apps continue to cater for users on those platforms.

Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎11-03-2015 12:42 PM
Updated by:

Comments
d_morkel
Occasional Visitor

To Whom it may concern,

Please advise when is the plan to release the new app for the windows platform as I have queried about this 3 times already. I'm sure I'm not the only customer that has to utlise the old app while others benefit from the new app.

Concerned Customer.

DJ Morkel

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi D_Morkel,

I do not have a specific timeframe, however our team is looking into this. 

I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

leshenp

Hello Standard Bank Team

I have had a Windows tablet for a few years, I remember about a year ago there was an app for windows. I used it all the time. After my tablet broke it took almost a year for me to get around to getting it repaired. now when i looked to redownload the banking app i see its no more on the windows store. Is there a reason that it's been removed?

and when will it be brought back?

It was so much more convenient to have the app because it did so much more than just manage my account like the android phone app does.

Thanks 

leshenp

Hi Again SB Team

Ok I did a bit of research and noticed that it's an app on the Windows 8 platform. Will there be a Windows 10 release on the Windows store any time soon?

thanks

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi,

There are plans underway to release the app on more platforms based on customer demand. 

Regards,

Standard Bank Team.

jtomcat16
Frequent Visitor

Hi there,

I've just received an email from standard bank stating:

"We have noticed you are still transacting on an older version of our Mobile App.
Please be advised that as of 26 September 2016, this Standard Bank app will no longer be available.

Download the latest version of the App from your app store"

This is still not possible for WP users as there is no new app on the app store.

I noticed the old app disappear off the store a while ago but fortunately, I still had it installed and it still worked.

Currently to my knowledge, there is a "fake" app available on the WP Store which is not trustworthy. It has been there since the old app was still available.

Considering that this app will now no longer work after the 26 September, will the new version finally be released for windows phone before this one is retired?

Thanks

PKup

Mmm... If in a year and 9 months they have not developed a working (non-fake) app... Something tells me they are not going to develop a Windows Mobile app...

I think it is time to switch banks. All the other major banks have a Windows Mobile app. It's just Standard Bank that doesn't.

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi PKup,

Our digital team is working on this and as soon as there is any progress we will let you know.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

Sewram
Occasional Visitor

Hi Standard Bank Team

Your comment "There are plans underway to release the app on more platforms based on customer demand." is a very lame excuse for a bank of your size...

You should develop apps on all platforms simultaneously, if you want to increase your customer base..

Old apps must be deleted by 20th July!!!!!!...What do you expect us to use?????

I have been enquiring about the new windows app for the last 2 years....it seems you just don't care...

It's time to find a new bank that is more customer friendly

CindyRa911
Occasional Visitor

Hi. I have upgraded my cell only to find I lost all my account numbers I used to eft money to. The app now doesn't allow me to buy airtime or anything.

Kindly assist 

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @CindyRa911,

Please can I ask you to contact customer on 0860 123 000 or forward a mail with your email address registered for digital banking, ID number and contact details to [email protected] with the subject link "beneficiaries erased/unable to access prepaid services" so that we can look into this matter and assist you further.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

lokihere

@d_morkel

Hope their apps will work fine.