Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Older version of the Mobile Banking App no longer available.

Why is the older version of the Mobile Banking App no longer available?

• We are constantly listening to our customers and one of the key issues raised was the lack of functionality on the old app. Our new app is aligned to our customer feedback and provides a host of services that are not offered on your current version.
  • You may have received a few notifications and emails about this recently if you currently use a Windows Mobile or Blackberry devices without Android Software.
  • If you are affected, you can continue to use Digital Banking via the following alternatives; 
    • The new Standard Bank App: If you have an Android or iOS device, you can download the App which has many features & is regularly updated. Download the app from the App Store or Google Play.
    • Another option is New Online Banking, which works on most browsers & web-enabled devices.
    • Cellphone banking:You can also try cellphone banking which works on most older phones and has all the features they need to do day-to-day banking. Dial *120*2345# to get started.

Will I still be able to transact when I register for Cellphone Banking or Download the new app?

• All your beneficiaries will still reflect when you register for Mobile App or Cellphone Banking, your digital experience will not be impacted negatively.

How do I create the Digital ID?

• Once you have installed the App, you’ll be asked to create a Digital ID.
  • Steps to follow;
    • On the Registration screen; enter your email address & choose a suitable password
    • Tap ‘Create’
    • A verification code (OTP) will be sent to your email address
    • Tap ‘Next’ to link your device (You can customize the name

Is there any financial impact for the use of this new App?

• No additional charges will apply to the utilisation of our other channels

Could somebody assist me in setting up the new app?

• You may visit any of our branches or contact our Self Service Banking helpdesk on 0860 123 000, where a staff member would gladly assist you in setting up the app.

For more information of the new Mobile Banking App, you can also visit http://app.standardbank.co.za

Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
2 of 2
Last update:
‎19-07-2017 03:45 PM
Updated by:

Comments
Lefty
Occasional Contributor

Hi Moshele,

As mentioned in my other posts (Re: Windows 10 Universal app), banking though a browser is not a descent substitute for a banking app. This article simply reminds us that SB is ignoring clients that are UWP/Win 10 users!

Lefty

Moshele
New Contributor

Hi @Lefty 

I can imagine that this development may be frustrating, your feedback will be shared with our App Development team for consideration. In the meantime please do consider using the above alternatives to continue enjoying the features & benefits of Digital Banking. 

Moshele. 

BenGuerra

Will be shared with our App Development team for consideration chinese buffets near me In the meantime please do consider using the above

landhere
Regular Visitor

Ho @Lefty

I agreed with you.