Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Play Store issues: How to update your Standard Bank App to the latest version

Providing you with the best on-the-go banking experience is one of our top priorities, which is why it’s essential to update your Banking App in order to benefit from our app enhancements and up to date security.

If, however, you’re experiencing issues updating your app, it could be a result of having to update your operating system from Android 4.4 (or lower) or IOS 10 (or lower) to a newer version.

Simply follow the steps below if you get stuck downloading the latest Banking App version:

1. On your mobile device, go to Settings > Apps > All.
  2. Scroll down until you find Google Play Store. Tap on it and select Clear Cache. Then, tap on Force Stop.
  3. Do the same thing for Google Play Services but keep in mind that you won’t find a Force Stop button for it.
  4. Again, navigate to Settings > Apps > Running.
  5. Find Google Play Services and tap on it. Then tap on Force Stop for all services.
  6. Now, open the Google Play Store app and try to install our Banking App again.

If the above steps don’t work, please try the following:

1. Navigate to Settings > Apps > Settings.
  2. Tap on Play Store and then tap on Uninstall Updates.
  3. Now, re-install your Banking App.

If you need further assistance, please reach out to us on:

• Twitter: @STANDARDBANKZA
  • Facebook: Standard Bank - South Africa
  • Help Centre: 0860 123 000

Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎02-12-2020 10:01 AM
Updated by:

Comments
Lucawerfel
Established Member
  1. A one-time PIN code will now be sent to https://banksnear-me.com/chase-near-me/ your email address. Enter that PIN code into the app. Remember to search in your junk folder if you can’t find it
brandystolten
Occasional Visitor

The website mr mine is the most comprehensive source of helpful information for everyone who wants to relax. Thank you guys for all your efforts. Highly recommended. mr mine

landhere
Regular Visitor

@Boitumelo

It's not supporting my android os I think i need to upgrade my device.