Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Download and use our app to win a VW Golf 7 every month!

The power of banking on the go is that it puts you in the driver's seat- giving you control to bank anywhere, anytime. Use our Banking App to transact 4 TIMES MONTHLY OVER 3 MONTHS and you could stand a chance to win* a VW GOLF 7 each month PLUS SAMSUNG SMARTPHONES every week until December!

Here’s how you can win:

1. Download the Banking App
    (or register for Internet Banking or Cell phone Banking *120*2345#)

1. Do any of the 4 transactions monthly over 3 consecutive months.
    • buy airtime;
    • buy data;
    • buy electricity;
    • make a payment; or
    • make an immediate payment
    • play lotto (Cellphone Banking only)

1. Then enter the competition to be eligible to win

Frequently Asked Questions

1. How do I win?

To be eligible to be entered into the competition, you need to do 4 of the listed transactions monthly consecutively over 3 months and enter by completing the required information by either SMS or the Standard Bank Website via www.standardbank.co.za/winacar

1. How many times can I enter?

You only need to enter the competition once. Continue doing the 4 listed transactions monthly consecutively over 3 months and you will be entered into the monthly and weekly draws

1. What are the 4 listed transactions that I have to complete in order to qualify to enter?

You need to do 4 of the following transactions monthly over 3 consecutive months on either our Banking App, Internet Banking or Cellphone Banking (*120*2345#)

• Do a payment
  • Do an immediate payment
  • Buy Airtime
  • Buy Data
  • Buy Electricity
  • Play Lotto - only available on Cellphone Banking ( *120*2345#)
  • Send an instant money voucher

1. If I do one type of the listed transactions 4 times monthly consecutively over 3 months, will I still be eligible to qualify for the competition?
    Yes, the competition requires you to do any of the listed transactions 4 times monthly consecutively over 3 months.

1. How many times can I win the prize?

Please note that you are eligible to win a weekly and monthly prize once.

1. Can I change the specification of the prize before collection?

No, the prizes are as listed in our promotion material and described in our Terms and Conditions.

1. What happens if I don’t have a valid driving licence, or I’m not over 18?

Part of our entry criteria is for you to have a valid driving license and be over 18 to be eligible to win the car.

1. How will I know if I have won?

We will contact the winners telephonically to inform them of the prize winning

1. How do I collect the prize?

We will be in touch with all our winners to arrange the delivery of the prizes.

1. Will the monthly prize (VW Golf 7) come with warranties?

The standard warranties that comes with the car will apply as detailed by VW SA & the competition’s Terms and Conditions for the make and model specified.

1. What should I do if I have any other questions about the competition?

You can visit StandardBank.co.za/winacar to get more information on the competition

1. Is there a cash alternative?

No, the prizes are not transferable to cash and the winner needs to accept the prize as set out in the Terms and Conditions.

1. Do you help with insuring the new car if I win?

As part of the prize, the car is covered by Standard Bank Insurance for the first 3 months after the winner has taken delivery.  It is then up to the winner to decide whether the wants to keep the insurance with Standard Bank Insurance and carry the cost or switch to an insurer of his/her choice.

1. Do you help with servicing the new car if I win?

The car comes with a standard service plan as issued by VW SA

1. Can I enter if I don’t bank with Standard Bank yet?

The competition allows for customers to open a MYMO account digitally, or any of our other transactional accounts via our other Channels, and as long as they do 4 of the listed transactions monthly over 3 consecutive months, they will be eligible to be entered into the competition

1. Can I enter if I don’t use the Standard Bank Banking App yet?

The competition is for transactions completed on all our digital channels which include the Banking App, Internet Banking and Cellphone Banking (*120*2345#). You will then be required to do 4 of the listed transactions monthly over 3 consecutive months to qualify for entry into the competition.

1. Where can I find more information on how to register for the Banking App and what I can do on the Banking App?

You can visit our website at standardbank.co.za/digitalbanking to see more information and tutorials on how to register and use the Banking App, Internet Banking or Cellphone Banking (*120*2345#).

1. Is this competition open to business banking customers?

No, this competition is limited to customers with Standard Bank personal transactional accounts.

Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎20-06-2019 09:16 AM
Updated by: