Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Transactions debited more than once.

We are aware that there have been transactions debited to some of our customers’ accounts more than once. For the frustration this caused, we sincerely apologise.

Below are some questions and answers that may assist you.

Why am I seeing the same transactions debited more than once?    

Some Point of Sale and eCommerce cheque card transactions were duplicated in error. Some customers may have experienced more than one duplication. If you have been affected, we sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this has caused you. 

What is Standard Bank doing about this?

We have identified the cause and have reversed the transactions and have also completed reversing most of the associated fees which will be completed today.

What if I have incurred costs because of this?

All costs associated with the error on Standard Bank’s part will be reversed.

When will this be corrected?

All duplicated transactions have been reversed and we have completed reversing most of the associated fees. All reversals will be completed today.

Where can I get updates?

Please follow us Twitter for updates (@StandardBankZA) or contact your relationship manager. Our branches are also able to assist with any queries.

Why did I receive more SMSs for transactions that was previously debited?

If you subscribe to MyUpdates you would have received SMSs when we reversed the transactions that were originally debited more than once. The contents of the SMS would show the details of the original purchase, such as your purchase amount and company that was previously debited, it would not show as a refund from Standard Bank. You will receive a separate SMS for each reversal. Please also note that MyUpdates are not sent for amounts under R100.00 nor will they be sent for associated fee reversals. We apologise for any confusion caused.

Screenshot 2021-03-05 at 11.11.15.jpg

How will I identify the refunds on my statement?

Your statement will show as a credit (green amount on Internet Banking and the Mobile App) and will show the details of the original purchase, such as your purchase amount and the company that we debited in error, it would not show as a refund from Standard Bank. You will see a separate transaction for each reversal. We apologise for any confusion caused.

Screenshot 2021-03-05 at 11.16.40.png

Screenshot 2021-03-05 at 11.16.48.png

Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
12 of 12
Last update:
‎05-03-2021 11:27 AM
Updated by: